Alexis Jackson - Mature

Dedicated to @AlexWinchester88 for there fantabulous OC. Also, I'd rate this a mature read. They don't 'do it' or anything, but there is an intense make out session for most of this chapter that y'all should be aware of. So if you don't feel comfortable with that stuff, please don't read this.

I shoot out bed when the conch horn bellows across camp. Flinging off the covers I skid wildly out of the Poseidon cabin and look around to see what's the matter. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a stream of smoke curling by Thalia's tree. Camp's in danger. Maybe Percy's out there and like Hades I'm letting my brother die. My senses are raised on high alert and I sprint quickly to Half Blood Hill to see what I can do.

Two flaming hot bronze bulls are stampeding about and Clarisse is spitting out orders as fast as she can. As I watch Clarisse charge one of the bulls, I feel my instincts kick it in and I yank at the shark, charm necklace around my neck, peeling it off and transforming it into a gleaming celestial bronze sword.

As I sprint forward for the charge, I see my brother pull up in a taxi cab. He climbs out instantly, Annabeth and a large boy behind him. After a short conversation, the three raise there own weapons and charge up the hill.

That's when a boy with his helmet on fire runs screaming past me. I step out of the way, spinning around him, landing on my toes delicately like someone dancing ballet. But I'm not quick enough. Already Percy is charging a bull. Dammit, it's only his second year of camp, he's going to get himself killed.

I start to rush over to help him, when a hand grabs my arm, pulling me backwards. Whirling around I come face to face with the sandy haired, blue eyed face of all my nightmares and yet all of my dreams. And then it's as if the battle is in pause. It's just my cold fury and him. Seething, I stare at the jagged scar sliced across his features. Then, unfreezing, I take a swing with my sword at Luke.

"You son of b—"

His arms moves like lightning and the last thing I remember is a soft whisper in my left ear. "Sorry."

He's staring at me. Ocean blue eyes staring into my own. I want to kick him. Punch him. Stab him. But my legs feel hollow, as if they could never support my weight again. So I just glare at him. Telling him I hate him so much. For stealing that bolt. For trying to kill my brother —  a couple times. For lying to me.

He doesn't seem to understand though. His face is impassive as he looks at me. Then he opens his mouth. I watch the way his smooth lips open and close, forming each syllable. "Join me, Alexis. Join me in this war and help me purge this world of the gods. Join me."

I steel my eyes at him, bidding my time, before answering, "F*ck no." Then — my legs wobbling ever so slightly but gaining strength by the second — I jump to my feet, pulling my necklace off (which thankfully had rewound itself around my neck while Luke was hauling me off). My sword appears in my hand and I swing at him, a battle cry rushing from my throat.

Pulling a hand from behind his back, he meets my blade with his own. For a while all there is is the chink of metal on metal as we rain blow after blow on the other. After an eternity, Luke's blade comes under my own, twisting and forcing my release. My beautiful sword clatters to the ground, ringing out on the wooden floor below. Before I can even glance at Luke, he's on top of me, pinning me to the ground. His blade is gone now, but he's still as intimidating as ever.

As he looks at me, his eyes seem to soften around the edges and I'm reminded of a different time. A time where right now I would be kissing him. Kissing him over and over again because that's what you did when you were in love. That's what you did with your boyfriend.

But not now. Luke killed all that when he tried to murder my brother and betrayed the gods.

"Alexis." His voice is husky and his breath warm on my face. "Join me."