Percy Jackson

Another no mist one. I love these. Basically Percy's back in high school (not Goode) for senior year and in honour of the gods and of the Titian War and the great heroes of this war, Percy's English class is putting on a play. Dun. Dun. Duuuuun!

Enjoy...

We are doing a play. Hiding out at a school to look for demigods is bad enough. But now I have to participate in a play. About the Second Titian War. (Frankly I'm just glad it's not Tartarus. As much as I'd hate to relive this, that'd be a million times worse.)

"Percy Jones. You will play the role of Luke/Kronos," Mr. Callahan says while noding to me. You may be wondering, if that is soooo not my last name, why is the teacher addressing (see I do pay attention to you Annabeth) me? The answer is simple: when the gods revealed themselves and the demigods, they said all of our real names. So now the seven and a couple others are all stuck with some incredibly popular last names. (Jason is now a Smith. And Frank's a Lee.)

I nod at Mr. Callahan to acknowledge that I heard him. Meanwhile my mind is spinning. I'm playing Luke in this thing. Man, this is going to feel incredibly bizarre and weird and terrifying. Schist I'm going to have to stab myself.

"Chase Anderson will play the legendary hero, Percy Jackson." Classic, most popular person in school gets the lead role. Which happens to be myself...did that make any sense?

Yeah, didn't think so.

"Annabeth Chase will be played by Lauren Seawell." Another classic. Popular jock's girlfriend gets to play the other lead role, who happens to be his girlfriend. Who happens to be my girlfriend...

I'm just going to stop now.

"Suzanne Mathews will play the part of Clarisse." I stifle a laugh, Suzanne has an equal body size to that of a crunchy Cheetos.

The list goes on and on. When they name Selena and Beckendorf and Michael and Ethan and a load of others, it's all I can do not to cry.

Mr. Callahan then explains how we won't be acting out the whole war, as that would take to long, but just some select scenes, including Beckendorf's death, Selena's discovery of a spy, the slaying of the Godzilla, Percy beating up Hyperion, Percy beating up Kronos (so really just me beating up myself) and the prediction of the Prophecy of Seven.

This is going to hurt. Emotionally. Maybe even physically. Who knows how many times I'll have to fight myself while being Kronos. Why are we doing this?

"Now students, we have exactly two months to put this thing together so learn your lines quickly so we can get the blocking right," Mr. Callahan warns.

"Okay," we all say, some much more enthusiastically than others.

•••••••Day of the Play•••••••

A ton of my friends from Camp Half-Blood are here. Probably mainly because I let them read the script (it got all the names right and that's about all it got right) and they badly wanted to see how horrible it is in real life. They even bought front row seats so they could see well - that's what they told me at least, most likely so they can just laugh their heads off or scream bloody murder when someone doesn't do a death scene properly.

Oh well. I'll just go and try to kill myself... I really got to shut up, don't I?

I peek out from the wings. Everyone's taking their seats. Show time. The lights dim and a voice over relates the Great Prophecy. Then the curtains open.

I watch from the sidelines as Beckendorf dies and as "Percy" falls into the "River Styx" and "rallies" the Greeks to fight. They don't even bother discussing a battle strategy. What kind of war is this?