Autumn North

@SenpaiPizza4life this ones dedicated to you because of this fabulous OC. I really, really, really, really hope you like it. I'm so sorry about the long wait. Seriously, I'm a horrible person. Anyways, for the rest of you, enjoy!

I want to bang my head on the desk.

So badly.

I turn to my best friend, who looks just as bored as I do. He's staring at the clock, eyes glazed over, mouth slack. I stifle a laugh at Percy's position. In front of him though, my other best friend seems intent on the History lesson the teacher is droning on about. How she does it, I will never know.

"Autumn? Autumn!" The voice raps through my skull.

As a reflex to the sharp noise, I slap my desk, hard. "Yes!" I exclaim. Then I wave my hand in the air to get rid of the sting. "Motherfluffer," I mutter under my breath.

Ms. Kleen leans against the smart board at the front of the room. "When did Colombus discover America?" she asks me above the laughing of my classmates.

Flashback to grade four. Come on brain... Nope, drawing a blank. I shoot a glance at Annabeth, pleading. She sighs before writing four numbers in the air.

"Fourteen...ninety-seven...no two. Fourteen ninety-two," I announce triumphantly.

Ms. Kleen sighs. "The exact day, Autumn. This isn't grade four."

Her eyes are bearing into me and I can't look away. "Um..." The stress is getting to me. I take a stab in the dark, blushing like crazy because I know I'm wrong and that I'm about to send her on her weekly rant. "January 31st."

Ms. Kleen pushes herself away from the board. "August 3rd, Autumn. This is common knowledge you should all know by high school! You learned this back in-" and blah, blah, blah. Ms. Kleen goes off on her long rant about how we are the future of this planet and we better not screw this world up with the same mistakes our ancestors made way back then. And to do that we better listen while she guides us. I shrink in my seat as her eyes find me multiple time during her speech.

Roughly five minutes into the speech, the bell rings shrilly, effectively cutting Ms. Kleen off.

"Oh thank the gods." Percy's voice is low but still loud enough that the last few rows of the class can hear him.

We file out of class quickly, eager to be rid of Colombus and his travels.

Annabeth sidles up beside me and Percy falls into step beside her. "Autumn, you gotta know your stuff."

"I do know my stuff," I protest. "Just not that stuff."

Percy smiles widely as he slaps the line of lockers running beside him. "Know what you mean."

Annabeth brings us up short. "And what stuff would that be, Percy Jackson?" The blond quirks an eyebrow at him.

"How to be the perfect boyfriend..." he trails off, pecking Annabeth on the cheek. When he draws away, he's smiling wickedly. "And how to kick your butt."

Annabeth sets loose a glare on him, clenching her hands into balled fists. Percy's smart though and begins to sprint down the hallway before his girlfriend can raise her arms to give it to him. When he looks back over his shoulder, he throws a lopsided grin in her direction.

Annabeth's about to go charging after him, but I yank on her arm. "Library?" I ask.

Her features instantly break into a smile. "Do you even have to ask?" She takes my arm in a death grip and starts to drag me down the long hallways to the wonderful world of books.