Ethan Roony

Finally got one set in Camp Half-blood

I'm in a car. And I'm freaking out. I've just been told that all of Greek Mythology is real. I mean, say what? The gods are real. You've got to be kidding me. But then I remember how the dude said he was a son of Jupiter and just kind of somehow started floating in the air. I remember how my best friend Sammie took off his cap and peeled back his hair to show me his horns. How he kicked off his shoes and stood up on polished hooves. I know the gods are real. People flying and half goat men? They got to be real, or else I'm just in a really really terrifying dream right now. I pinch myself.

Ow.

I look around. Nope, I'm still in a car. There are still Sammie and the other demigod sitting in the front seats. I haven't been dreaming. Shucks darn.

"I'm Jason, by the way." The guy driving turns and looks at me through the rearview mirror.

"Cool," I say, jamming my head against the glass of the window.

This has got to be just some messed up joke. That guy, Jason, he's a magician or something. He never flew. And Sammie...hooves and horns are easy to fake. Gods don't exist. If they did, why did I end up where I did? Foster care. A couple dozen homes, getting bounced to and forth to the next. In a continuous never ending train wreck.

Until now.

Now I feel like someone's pulling this huge joke on me. Who knows, maybe I'm on live television right now, and everyone's just waiting for me to fall for this. Well I'm not going to. I've been embarrassed too much all ready. I've been bullied, humiliated, laughed at, why this now? Haven't I been through enough? Abuse, torture, fatal sicknesses, seen and been through em all. Had plenty of the first two being bounced around so much in the system. Had cancer at 5, obviously I'm still here. Cause I'm a fighter. That's why I'm still breathing, because I don't take crap from anyone. I just keep my head down and plod my way through the world.

Until now.

I feel the lurching of the car underneath me as we turn on a dirt road and slowly ascend an enormous hill. We're finally nearing the top, Jason drives carefully into a wild blueberry patch to conceal the car. Then we all climb out and quickly make our way to the top of the hill. The sun blinds as I try to look down, so I glance to my left to clear the light from my eyes. My glance turns into a stare, though, when I notice what is 50m away from me.

"A-a-a Dr-dragon?" I stutter.

Jason peeks over at the giant monster, completely unconcerned. "Yeah, that's just Peleus. He's harmless."

I look at him.

He smirks, "Well not harmless," he amends.

I force myself to look away from the creature who obviously doesn't exists. He hasn't moved at all. They must have made him from a really big paper mâché kit or something. Instead of ripping my mind away from the absurdity of all this though, my eyes betray me  and focus on what looks like a ram's fleece. It glows golden. I know enough about Greek Mythology to place it as a replica of the Golden Fleece. Nice try pranksters. But you'll never get the best of Ethan Roony. Never. There's no Golden Fleece. There's no dragon. Jason cannot fly. Sammie is not half-goat. There are no gods.

Did you hear me?

THERE ARE NO GODS!

These people are all mentally ill. My suspicions are confirmed as we head farther down the hill and I'm able to make out a rock wall with lava spilling down it and winged horses bobbing up and down in the air. These people are sick. I'm leaving now.