Percy Jackson

Christmas One-shot! Enjoy!

I pick up a gray bulb from an overflowing box of Christmas ornaments. Then I grin as I read what's scratched into the side. I wrap my arms around Annabeth who's woefully unprepared and drops a metal star on the ground. Turning, she begins to chew me out, but I raise the bulb to her sight line and instead she laughs.

"Wise Girl and Seaweed Brain," she reads. She faces me, still trapped in my arms, and pecks me on the cheek. "You still are a Seaweed Brain."

I chuckle and kiss her cute nose. "So I've been told."

I reach up, using my six feet to an advantage and hang the gray bulb proudly where everyone can see. Then I pick up the star Annabeth dropped and place it beside the bulb. Annabeth rolls her eyes at me and breaks free of my arms to hang more ornaments.

The spindly tree probably has enough ornaments as it is. Some of its branches are already looking droopy and I can't help but wonder if it's even going to make it until tomorrow for Christmas. Then I shrug because who the heck cares what it looks like and watch as Annabeth climbs a foot ladder to place a star at the very top.

"Perfect," she declares, resting on the top step.

"Yes, I do believe it is, Mrs. Jackson," I reply, looking right at her.

She rotates around to regard me and when she sees that I'm in noway referring to the tree, she rolls her eyes yet again. However, her spreading blush tells an alternate story.

I help her down and we just stare at the bizarre Christmas tree, filled with multi coloured lights and cheap dollar store ornaments. "Merry Christmas, Annabeth," I tell my wife, squeezing her middle.

She leans into me. "Merry Christmas, Seaweed Brain."

A yawn comes from behind us.  We turn in synch and smile at the little girl in pyjamas dragging a teddy bear. I unwrap my arms from Annabeth and sweep the little tyke into my arms.

"Mewwy Chwistmas, Daddy," she mumbles, snuggling closer.

I chuckle as she yawns once more. "Merry Christmas, Bianca," I respond, kissing her small forehead.

I feel Annabeth's hand pressing against my back, steering me into the kitchen. "Come on, let's set out a snack for Santa and then tuck you in bed."

We reach the kitchen and Annabeth's opens the fridge and takes out a couple of my mom's famous blue, chocolate chip cookies. Laying them on a plate, she pours a glass of milk as Bianca tugs at my collar. "Daddy, what about the reindeer?"

I arrange my features into a look of disbelief and smack my open palm against my forehead. "Of course! How could I forget about the reindeer!"

Bianca giggles as I smile at Annabeth and take out a few carrots. I lay them beside the cookies on the plate and the three of us march back into the living room to place the plate on the coffee table.

"Okay, Honey. Bed time," Annabeth says. She shoos us upstairs in front of her and Bianca curls up tight against my chest. I smile down at my four year-old daughter who's already falling asleep.

At the top of the stairs, I walk into the first room on the left and lay my little girl down on her bed, pulling the covers up to her chin. I sit down on the side and Annabeth winds her arms around my neck, leaning her head on my shoulders.

"Goodnight, Bianca," she whispers, leaning past me to pat our daughter on her back.

"Merry Christmas, sweetie."

Bianca mumbles something incoherent as Annabeth and I slip out of the room. We close the door silently behind us and Annabeth wraps an arm around me. "She's beautiful isn't she?" she observes as I pull her closer to me.