Kirk - Piano

*James Kirk*

It had been almost forever since you had heard the sound of a real piano.

The black and white keys made a soothing and yet some how familiar sound to you. Of course, being as curious as you were, you followed the soft melody, which lead you down a corridor into a room with a door cracked slightly open. You opened it as silently as possible and stuck your head in. The tune was so familiar and yet you hadn't the slightest idea as to what it was. Maybe it had just been that long since you heard the sound of a proper instrument and not a computer replica.

You decided that the pianist was too talented not to be recognised, so you let the rest of your body squeeze through the door. The pianist was male and sporting the classic command gold. The back of his hair was a sandy colour, and you waited patiently to see his face. As the familiar tune ended, you let out the breath that you had been holding in almost since you entered the room minutes ago. The mysterious figure turned around to see what the sudden noise was, and his eyes locked on you. You found yourself afloat in a sea of blue and he smiled softly at you, taking his hands off the piano and turning around.

He stood and made his way over to you. You finally managed to push some words from your mouth and softly apologised for intruding. You told him you wanted to know who the maestro was behind the beautiful music and he looked like he was trying his hardest not to roll his eyes just a little.

"I'm James Kirk," he said kindly offering you his hand. You shook it and lost yourself in his eyes again.

You introduced yourself quietly, still not leaving his gaze. He took your hand and brought you over to the piano beside him.

"How about I play you something else?" He asked politely.

You smiled, "I'd like that."

(Author's Note - I started this book back in 2014 and have since been going through and editing some of them. A lot of them need formatting changes and some heavy editing but feel free to skip ahead and read the more recent content)