Renesmee's Distress

The story isn't finished.....yet, but that's only because I keep wanting to add more! Please, be patient readers, and I promise it'll be worth it! Or at least, I hope so.

In the meantime.....

***

The large, sandy wolf reached the newborn first.

It snarled and tore at it with primitive ferociousness, raking it away from the frightfully-pale boy. It didn’t take that long to finish him: the newborn was just that, new, and reacted only with pure strength and brutality; the wolf had skill and experience, seasoned in his evasions of seizes, and managed to get his canines around the neck of the vampire even before the other wolves had reached him. He bit and tore it clean off, leaving a disembodied form of dead stone. Serves the filth right, he thought.

The wolf, knowing there was no other immediate danger, morphed back into his human shape, and swiftly put on his pair of shorts. Seth bent down beside Thomas, whilst the newly-morphed Embry, Paul and Leah rushed to Jacob. His skin was inhumanely pale—almost like a vampire, he noticed. The newborn had drunk for a little while, taking a lot of blood, leaving this shell of a once lively boy. There must’ve been venom in him right now. No, Seth thought, scooping up his distressingly lightweight body. He can’t become a vampire. He’s even younger than I am.

Seth faced the others. Embry had also picked Jacob up, who himself had still not roused. Wolves healed fast, so something must’ve been fatally wrong.

“We need to get them to Carlisle,” Seth said. “Quickly.”

The others nodded in agreement, Leah with humiliation. She hadn’t told her brother what had really happened, only saying that Jacob and Thomas needed help. Well, she was right. They looked close to—

“What, is, HAPPENING?” came a sudden bellow.

The gang spun around, almost forgetting who had trailed them. Leah had rushed to her house before, where Seth, Embry and Paul had been, alongside Jacob’s father, and, unfortunately, chief Swan. He’d heard Leah saying she needed them, caught the name of Thomas, and decided to follow them.

“What just.. What just...—is that Thomas Curbs?” Chief Swan looked derisorily out of his depths.

Seth only nodded grimly. “Charlie, remember that need to know thing? All you need to know is that these guys need Carlisle,” and he marched straight past him, breaking into a sprint.

Seth considered running the full length to Jacob’s house, but taking the cruiser would get them there faster. He climbed into the back, placed the limp form of Thomas beside him, and waited for the chief to get in the driver’s seat. Bella’s old pickup truck had also been driven here by Embry, which is where the other wolves piled themselves into.

“To Mr. Black’s house, Charlie,” said Seth to the chief, and they were off.

It didn’t take too long to reach the desired location, but with every second that pound by, Thomas grew paler, and the venom was still trapped within him. Had he started to change? With renewed urgency, Seth hopped out the car, a sagging Thomas in his arms, and rushed to the house. It had been Leah’s idea to phone Carlisle before they left, but he had told them he’d wait here, due to the present company the Cullens had acquired. In any case, his blond profile was the first thing that greeted Seth as he rushed through the door.

“Thomas,” said the doctor, whilst Seth placed Thomas on the shabby loveseat. “What happened?”

“Some newborn drank from him. A lot,” answered Seth darkly.