Edward, Bella And The Dream Abode

Hey guys! Thanks for getting this far! Be sure to keep reading!

Much to my delight, Renesmee came with me to visit my mother—right after I checked in with Elisabeth that was—and she managed to get rid of the bad mood that soured my face due to the humiliation Mr. Berty caused me.

We checked in with the hospital receptionist, who I was on a first name basis on by now, and, with a smile, told me to go on ahead. “I hope the operation went well.” I said quietly to myself, and Renesmee rubbed me on the arm.

“She will be. Carlisle’s brilliant at what he does.” Renesmee assured.

Carlisle? Surely she should’ve called him dad? But the question died on my lips as the joyous sight of my mother propped up in bed with a little pot of Jell-O in hand came to view.

“Mom.” I smiled.

Putting the Jell-O on the cabinet beside her with a little frown (of disgust, maybe?), she grinned back at me and extended her arms for me. I stepped into them and embraced her, hard. The relief was palpable in my blood, and I had no idea just how much tension there was built up underneath my muscle that had now dissolved.

“Ow.” Mom muttered.

I immediately reclined and saw that she had placed a hand on the side of her hip. There was a brace straightening the section that obviously caused a little discomfort on its own, so I apologised for further furthering that pain.

“Whoops. Sorry.”

“Its okay, Tom.” Mom laughed. “Anytime.”

As mom and I smiled and hugged again—I was just so damn to see her so lively—I almost missed the faint whispers I could hear from behind me. Turning around, I saw that Doctor Cullen had entered; his head bent a little as he talked hurriedly to Renesmee. She kept on nodding and whispering back, but immediately stopped when she saw me.

“Hello, Thomas.” Doctor Cullen greeted, trying for normal, but again, there was something different to his aura. “Hey doctor D.”

“And how are you, Debbie? Any pain?”

Mom blushed under Doctor Cullen’s kind gaze, and, slightly disgusted, I caught Renesmee’s eyes. She smiled, amused, and I couldn’t help my returning one.

“N-No Doctor Cullen. I’m all right.”

“That’s nice to here. As you can see, your mom’s recovering from the surgery quite well. It looks like she’ll be able to go home in a week.”

I nodded, thankful. “Thank you Doctor Cullen. So much.”  And I was so extremely grateful for this blond Adonis of a man that I had to blink multiple times to get the stinging out of my eyes.

He smiled back, and with that smile, I knew he was fond. “Your welcome, Thomas. Anytime.” Then he put a hand on my shoulder, squeezed it, and walked out.

Renesmee lingered around perceptibly until I remembered my manners and introudeced her. Mom was a little taken aback with Renesmee’s obvious beauty, and then was further impressed with her charming personality and fluent small talk. I stared at the side of Renesmee’s face as she talked, a weird feeling settling in my chest. Then Renesmee’s phone rang and she excused herself with a quick, “sorry, but it’s my mom. I’ll be right back.” And she walked swiftly and gracefully out the room,

With both the Cullen’s departures, it left me and mom alone. We started to talk about mostly everything; school, the hospital food, how the back of the hospital gown mom was wearing exposed her but (something I really didn’t want to picture) I tried hard to avoid the topic of the group home—I was pretty sure mom knew I had to stay there, but I knew it made her feel embarrassed that she couldn’t look after her own son—so I found myself cringing when we started talking about job’s again.