Our Day Out

It's here, guys! Thanks for reading! Please, let me know what you think!

Without further ado.....

***

When Alice Cullen had handed me over my new phone with the assurance of me being able to call whenever I liked about whatever I liked, it didn’t occur to me that it could work the other way round.

The sky was neutral when she woke, early, yet signs of activity were beginning to show. At first, when the vibrations sounded themselves out, I thought there was some sort of flying insect terrorizing me, but I soon realised that it was in fact the phone I had stuffed under my pillow.

Just before I had picked it up, I noticed that the bed opposite me, Alex’s bed, was still empty. He was still out. Before I had time to think anything of it, I pressed the green button and pressed it to my ear.

“Hello?” I grumbled groggily. “Alice?”

“Thomas.” It was a single word; my name at that; but it held an urgency, a certain emotion that snapped me into attention, concurrently getting rid of any lingering fatigue I might’ve possessed.

“Alice? What is it?”

“Did you see it? Did you?” She demanded to know.

“See what?” I asked. To admit, I was a little scared by the panic under her tone.

Surprising me, I heard her exhale; in relief, maybe? Then she said: “you didn’t see anything?”

“Alice, what are you going on about? I’m not as sharp as I usually am at,” I checked the alarm clock, “five thirty am.”

“I had a vision.” She clarified, now sounding less worked up

“I got that part. What did you see?”

“It was an almost replica of the dream I experienced when I was unconscious, only different. Worse. Much worse.” Her voice wavered.

I remembered that she had dreamt about Leah being killed by the older vampire, something I too had dreamt about before she had, and I was struggling to imagine just how much worse that could become.

“Go on.” I prompted.

“The clearing....it was littered with people. So much people. Vampires, humans, the wolves. We were all dead.” Her voice wavered at the end.

I didn’t answer for a few moments for I was too busy trying to recover my wits at the shocking information. “Oh...wow.”

“...That’s not it.” She said quietly.

“It gets worse?”

“Though I didn't see us standing, I have a hunch that us fallen were facing against three people. The three people responsible for killing us, might I add.”

“Who were they?”

“One was the older vampire, the other the newborn...” She trailed off.

“And the other?”

She didn’t answer.

This time, when I repeated it, I all but yelled it. “And the other, Alice!”

“Thomas, you have to realise it was just a vision. They aren’t always accurate....”

“Alice.” I groaned desperately.

“It was you.” She finally said. “Actually, it was almost all you.”

Whoa. That certainly took some time to recover from, and even then, I wasn’t sure I had. “Me? As in, me, Thomas, me?”