Alice's Second Vision.

This is a little chapter, but is neccesary for insight!

Alice was alone in her bedroom, sat on a desk chair, focusing on a well-read and definitely understood extended psychology textbook when the vision hit her.

The newborn woke in the middle of the forest, blood red eyes and chalk white skin, and suddenly darted upwards. He flicked his eyes left, right, in every direction he could with intense speed until he stopped. He could smell something, something appealing that burned his throat. Not far away—at least no far to him—was something delicious.

Not far away was prey.

The newborn rushed with inane speed towards the four-part group hikers and couldn’t contain himself. Leaping like the wild creature he was, he tore open their throats and guzzled down their blood, the scarlet salvation a warm liquid that soothed the burning of his throat. He drank and drank as the victims screamed and screamed, until he threw the drained bodies off him and snarled. He needed more. And fast.

And then he smelled him.

His eyes came upon a boy not so far away, who looked no older then fifteen, and had dark brown hair and fair skin. The boy approached the newborn with outstretched hands, almost pleading.

Was he crazy? Did he want to get himself killed?

He was muttering something...was it a plea? Yes, that’s it. He was pleading to the newborn, trying to look reasonable. But it had no effect. The newborn snarled one last time and pounced.

Alice broke off from the vision and took time to regain her breath. She gripped the sides of the desk with unmeant force, until the pieces of wood broke off. That was by far the most vivid vision she had ever had.

The newborn’s viciousness.

The hikers fear.

The boy’s shock.

True, Sam had set up a minor patrol for the newborn, but clearly it had no effect. She got up—unnaturally shaken up, and rushed off to tell her great family.