Chapter 33: She Will Be Loved

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“If you don’t deserve him at his worst, then you don’t deserve him at all,” I whisper to myself, reading just one of the many tweets about me. The park bench was cold and night was drawing closer, but the false light of my IPhone made me lose the care of the time. It hurts more because it’s true; I think and shake my head. But I was so scared, I think still shaking. Ever since Diego…. Ever since mamma… I’ve hated violence, just the word made me want to throw up. Griffin knows that, that’s why he kept his voice quiet, I think but shake him out of my mind. Because of him everything I thought was sound shifted under my feet and crashed into the ocean. My feelings for Griffin were defined in Carly and Ava’s toilet.

I sighed and typed a few things into my IPhone, clicked a few things and within a few moments I had my own Twitter. If I’m going to get hate, they might as well send it to me and not some poor fake, I think. I closed my eyes and waited for some rouge hit of inspiration to make me, something that would make everything better, something that would make him forgive me, something that I could write, something that would solve the problems of the world.

“Screw it,” I mutter and throw the phone into my jean pockets. I looked up and over the small park, the yellow glow of the street lamps illuminating the dark, but not fighting off its existence. The cold air snapping at every step someone took closer. Their breath coming out in white plumes of mist, rolling over their lips as they sat down and placed a jacket around my bare shoulders. He turned to face me and opened his mouth to speak, before closing it and looking away. We sat in silence and lounged in each other’s warmth.

“So do you like trees?” he asked and a crooked smile came over his desperate lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nathan’s POV~

Carly rolled over smiling as her lips stayed on mine as long as she could. She turned her head and touched the bruise on my face,

“Tell me something about you Nath,” she whispered and smiled a broken smile.

“I love Monita,” I reply and her eyes crumbled as she blinked away a tear.

“Something I don’t know,” she whispered sweetly.

“I am terrible at keeping secrets,” I reply and she chuckled.

“You want to know a secrete Sykes?” she asked and looked at me.

“No,” I reply coldly. I hate this woman, who is cold enough to blackmail me into sleeping with her behind Monita’s back. Right now I bet her and Jay are getting cozzy on some park bench in the dark. He’ll be holding her hands and whispering sweet things in her ear and she’ll giggle and ask him to dance and they’ll have some slow, bloody romantic dance under the fucking street lamp. I think sourly and feel my fists clenching tightly. It should be me.

“I write,” she said smiling and looking at me carefully, “Do you want to hear something?” she asked smiling warmly.

“No.”

Another silent tear ran down her check, “She can paint a lovely picture, but,” she said as another tear rolled down her cheek and rested at the tip of her nose, “This story has a twist. Her paintbrush is a razor, and her canvas is her wrist.” I looked over to her, but she was looking away. She closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip, not saying another word. I got up, took my clothes and left. Not looking back at her. I love Monita more than anything in the world and I have to make this right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monita’s POV~

Jay gently extended his hand towards mine, but I pulled mine away and shook my head.