Chapter 28: Different

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nathan’s POV~

I rolled over and turned my head to the dusty eyed girl. What have I done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monita’s POV~

“You are so shy!” Conner said looking over to me with a ‘are you being serious!’ look plastered on his face.

“I’m not that bad though!” I exclaim and look away.

“See that! You’re trying to disengage the conversation. It’s distracting!” he said pointing at me. I rolled my eyes and opened Nath’s apartment door. Before we left Sweden I’d sent him a text,

~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Monita to Nathan: ‘Hey! Missin You heaps XoXo. Is it K if my mate sleeps on the couch at your flat? He needs a place for a few days. Luv you, hows things?’

Nathan to Monita: ‘Yea. That’s fine. Love u 2, xx.’

~#~#~#~#~#~#~

I was still thinking about it. He’s just tired and probably running low on text or something, I think pushing away any doubt, I mean, you have to give a little. You have him nearly every other minute while he’s home, let him live a little, I think prepping myself up.

Conner was going to move to London. I should focus on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nathan’s POV~

No matter how many times I cleaned my teeth, I could still taste the cigarette from Carly’s lips. The alcohol… What have you done, I think and splash the cold water over my face again and looked in the mirror. The plane jumped around a little with some small turbulence and Monita stumbling over as she wobbled down the plane aisle flashed back in my mind. Her clumsy shyness.

“What have you done,” I say shaking my head. I could see her crying already. I’d broken her before she’d even had a chance to pick up the pieces.

I’d slept with Carly, the girl who was Monita’s friend from Greece or something.

It was just one night, I think as if it might redeem myself. It had meant nothing and I was drunk.

“One night’s enough,” I whisper and growl, hitting the wall with my fist. The tight compartments of the restroom stopped me from doing any real damage, that and my conscious. “No one has to know,” I whisper looking back up to the mirror and at my eyes. “No one has to know,” I continue.

In a few hours that would be put to the test. Looking her in the eyes and knowing what I’ve done. No one has to know. What have I done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monita’s POV~

I stood at the airport with one of their fans, talking to a girl who was maybe 18, tall and dark skinned. She was telling how she had moved from Africa with her mum after her dad had left her and that Max and Nathan had inspired her to get the most she can from life.

“How about you meet them? If I get your number I could give you a call sometime and maybe we could hang out together, all of us, if their free,” I say and she beamed.

“Really? That’d be a real stunner, thank you!” she replied and we exchanged numbers,

“Don’t go giving mine out,” I joke playfully. She laughed, a loud and high infectious laugh. I laughed with her lightly until it was swamped by fan’s screams. The barricades shaking as the fans leapt forward to touch the five godly men who walked out with a warm glow about them. The one to the left flashed me a large smile and I returned it before looking past to Nath, hiding behind the curly haired man striding forward.