Chapter 32: I was Talking to Nath and He...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Get away from her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled away and saw Nathan standing there glaring at us, his chest heaving and his hands in fists. He looked to me.

“Nathan I…” I started and tried a weak smile. He glared at my direction before turning to send Jay a look of steel.

“Hey,” Jay said but Nathan shook his head.

“Don’t get me started,” Nath replied coldly.

“Nathan nothing was going on,” I say defensively and he looked to me, hurt struck across his face and he shook his head. He looked on the verge of tears.

“Monita you don’t know what’s going on,” Nathan replied, “You should probably go,” he continued and pointed to the door. I frowned and shook my head,

“I don’t think I know what’s going on,” Jay said in a weak attempt to lighten the mood. Nathan stormed over and pushed his finger to Jay’s chest,

“Stay away from her!” Nath almost shouted.

“Nathan what brough…”

“Monita be quiet!”

“Don’t speak to her like that!” Jay said, this time sounding angry. I bit my bottom lip and took a step back.

“Don’t think I don’t know how you feel about her!” Nathan shouted back angrily and I saw Jay tense.

“He cares, just like you Nath, but I think you’ve misread the situation. We were just mucking around…”

“Monita stay out of this!” Nathan shouted at me and I jumped back and bumped my head against the wall. He looked like he was about to cry. I frowned and Jay went to stand in between me and Nath. “You have no idea! NO IDEA!” he shouted shaking his head. Jay blocked his view from me and before I knew what was happening Nathan had punched Jay hard in the face and the two of them started to fight.

“Stop it guys!” I shout at the sidelines, but they didn’t listen and they continued to fight. Nathan swang to hit Jay, but Jay ducked low and threw a punch of his own, hitting Nathan hard in the face. Nathan stumbled back and threw a punch at Jay, hitting him hard in the nose and his eye before Jay blocked and punched him back. Nathan tripped and fell over the table, Jay picking him up by the collar of his shirt and punched him twice.

“JAY!” I shout and grab hold of his arm and push him away from Nathan.

Nathan sat up weakly and I turned to glare at him.

“Monita I told you…”

“DON’T YOU THINK TO TELL ME ANYTHING SYKES!” I shout at him feeling my chest rise and fall. I turned to look at Jay who was whipping the blood across his face more instead of whipping it away. I bit my lip to hide the tears as I looked back to Nathan half sprawled across the table with blood on his face and knuckles. I shuddered and felt my legs shake. “Don’t you think to tell me any, fucking, thing!” I cry out slowly.

“Monita I…”

“NO!” I shout and shake my head. He frowned and stood up, taking my hand. I pushed him away and staggered back to the front door.

“Monita…” he said desperately and grabbed hold of my arm, his eyes pleading but his touch was hurting me.

“LET GO OF ME!” I shout at him and try to push him away. I backed up to a wall of flesh,

“How the fuck did you get in here,” I heard Jay say and Nathan looked up above my head. In a flash Nathan had let go of my arm and he was pinned against the wall, his arm twisted in a painful angle, but he still tried to talk.

“Monita I love you more than anything and…”

“Shut it!” Griffin said quietly into his ear. My chest fell. My chest rose. My heart beat faster and my legs were shaking as much as my hands. I saw Jay contemplating stepping forward, but before anything else could happen Carly pulled me into a hug.

“Come on,” she whispered and Griffin looked over to me briefly, his eyes intense.

“How’d you know?” I whisper and look over to her. She smiled weakly at me and held onto my shoulders,

“I was talking to Nath and he… he came up with this…”

“Don’t you dare,” Nathan said glaring at her, his eyes were watering and my heart dropped in my mouth. She went to continue, but I shook my head.

“Don’t,” I whisper, “If he said don’t then don’t,” I continue.

“Monita I…”

“I’m going away for a while Nath… until I can get my head around… things… and you sort yourself out,” I say feeling tears streaming down my face. Griffin shoved him against the wall and smeared his blood on the white wallpaper before taking a step back and moved towards me. I pushed him and Carly away and ran out the door. Not knowing where I was going, just feeling that I needed to run. To leave everything else behind, far, far, behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~