Chapter 30: And I'll Hold You Tight....

A/N: For  Yesi_TWSykes and DanielaLovesU. I hope you get better soon Daniela, but in the mean time, smile, eat ice cream and laugh <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“No, she needs some girl time,” Carly said walking and smiling at me. I looked from her back to Griffin and could have collapsed. His eyes never left mine and all the while the last time I saw him played in the back of my mind.

I will always love you,” he whispered before her turned around and walked away.

“Yeah… Ava can you just tell Nath I went with Carly for a coffee or something,” I say shakily and walked over to Carly who gently rubbed my arm and smiled warmly as she grabbed her bag and left. “He’s still watching me…. Isn’t he?” I whisper and she nodded,

“Forget about him. You’ve got Nath and he loves you more than practically anything in the world,” Carly said and smiled at me. I smiled back at her,

“Did I say how much I love your red dress?” I reply and she laughed opening the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

~Nathan’s POV~

Griffin and Ava walked into the room talking quietly to each other and Conner quickly threw down the piece of pizza he’d found in the fridge. Ava caught a glimpse of it and frowned angrily at him,

“Conner!”

“It asked me!” he said in defence.

“You know that’s a load of crap. And don’t go giving me,” she started quickly before he could say anything, “That story where the nutcases say the vegetables are screaming at us not to eat them!” she said and I smirked, looking over to him and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh. Great,” he said and motioned to me, “Now you’ve made me look really cool in front of an A list celebrity!” he said and turned around taking a bite of the Pizza. She growled at him and playfully pushed him out of the kitchen, he chuckled at her and she poked her tongue out.

“I don’t know why I bother,” she muttered to herself when he opened his mouth and chewed.

Griffin awkwardly walked over and stood at the end of the bench, as far away from everyone as possible. It was hard to think of him being beside Monita because the whole trip around the Islands and everything, he’d only seemed normal beside her, but without her he just seemed… like a bird without wings. Wait. Where is Monny? Where’s Carly. My heart dropped.

“Where’s Carly?” I ask and then quickly add, “And Monita?” I mentioned Carly before Monita… that’s not right.

“They’ve gone to get some Coffee together, I don’t think Monita is felling all the well,” Ava said and pulled out some plates, she looked over to me and pointed to me, “You better not have gotten her pregnant Sykes or we’ll have to murder you,” she joked with half seriousness.

“Agreed,” Griffin said coldly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

~Monita’s POV~

“So,” I said to Carly, holding the hot drink in between my hands and took a deep breath. The coffee had made me feel a little better, the smell of it wafting around the small, quiet store. A buzz of atmosphere still kept the bustle of the coffee store alive, but when I sat down with Carly I felt better. She seemed to completely understand and break everything else out, sort of what it was like when I was with Jay. It felt like it should work, without much trouble.