Chapter 14- Forever Young

~Monita’s POV~

Night came and I felt so excited that I went into one of my silent moods. It was the complete opposite reaction to how I should be acting and that’s what I did some times, the complete opposite reaction to how I should. Like one time a guy I really liked dumped me after dating for a year and I started laughing hysterically, I found out he’d been cheating and I started laughing my arse off. Why would I do that!

Anyway, the guys ate dinner downstairs and Griffin took over the wheel for Captain. I could hear him walk down the stairs with the heavy thud of his boots and the grumble he made as he took the plate set out for him before walking into his cabin and closing the door with a thunk.

“You never really see him much,” observed Siva. Jay elbowed him in the ribs and I lowered my head to take a bite of lasagne. I finished chewing and looked over to Nathan who had a big smile on his face when our eyes meet. I flushed a smile back and chewed slightly on my bottom lip before bringing my attention back to my food. “What?” Siva said.

“Shut it Siva,” Jay hissed back.

“Soooo…” Max said breaking up the two and their intense stare off, it basically ended with them both laughing because Siva pulled a face. I laughed with them as well.

“We should reach the Island by ten or so,” I say smiling, “You guys should get an early sleep because the next two days should be pretty action packed,” I continue and take a large gulp of water to try and calm my nerves. They nodded and I started a little more conversation by asking, “How was your singing today?”

“Good. I think the fans are going to love it,” Tom said enthusiastically.

“I recon the one Nathan wrote was really good,” Max said and pointed his fork at Nathan who looked up slightly dazed and looking like he’d just come out of a daydream. Everyone laughed loudly and it only made the face go more confused.

“What?” Nathan asked.

“Your face,” said Tom grinning.

“Oh, thank you,” Nathan replied sarcastically.

“How’d the song go?” I ask and they all shook their heads.

“Can’t say,” replied Max taking another bite. I frowned and sulked before Max continued, “Maybe once we record it we could send you a demo or something,”

“But until then,”

“Yeah,” he finished. I shrugged,

“It’s alright. You guys finished?” I ask and pick up my plate and Jay’s whose was empty. They nodded and I cleared up.

“I’m having an early night,” said Jay and the rest of them slowly trailed out after him and into their bunk rooms until it was just Nathan, Tom and I. Tom was itching away at his guitar so Nathan and I went up onto top deck to talk. The sun had faded now to a dull dusky red that swarmed over the horizon and the nearing Island. It was still a dot on the breaking sky of never ending ocean and sky clear of clouds, but soon it would get larger and it would only be a matter of time. I turned to him and smiled before taking a seat at the bow, he sat next to me and I saw him looking out to the ocean and the Island.

“What are you thinking about?” I ask him after a really long silence and the gentle wash of waves dulled to a consistent. He looked over to me and his eyes inched their way across my face.

“Nothing much,” he replied and looked away. I nodded and stretched,

“I’ll see you soon then,” I reply and pat him on the back before standing and walked into my cabin to get dressed. I planned not to go out until Griffin had anchored. So I threw on a different singlet and then another… and another one, this one was a bright electric blue with white flickers across the material. I decided against it and switched into some denim short shorts and rummaged through my wardrobe for a shirt or something to wear. I sighed and looked at the white singlet and contemplated it against the green one I had. After a while I decided on a deep midnight/electric blue singlet that complemented my brown eyes and rich shades of brunet in my hair. It had patterns of white that covered it and showed my curvy hips and small waist. I looked in the mirror and brushed my hair quickly before noticing the time. We’d be there any moment now.