Cahpter 17- The Sea Stole It

_______ _____________________ __________________ _________

NATHAN’s POV

_______ _____________________ __________________ _________

“Monny! Monny open up!!” I shout hitting on the door. I knew the guys were looking at me weird, but at least they didn’t say anything. I needed to talk to her. I wanted to hold her and tell her we’d be fine. It was the cruellest feeling and what made it worse was that I’d never felt like this over someone else before. I didn’t mind the fact that I wasn’t going to get another girlfriend for a long time, I didn’t care at all. Meeting Monny though… She’s changed everything… and he’s crushing her.

“Go Nathan,” Griffin said pulling my away from the door.

“What’s wrong? What did he do to her!” I spat angrily as the Captain stood at his cabin door watching silently.

“Nothing, just go into your cabin and forget about it,” Griffin continued.

“No!” I shout and push his hand off my shoulder, I stormed over to Captain. He didn’t flinch when I pushed my finger in his face and demanded, “What did you do to her!”

“I warned her,” Captain said, his voice seemed cold but other than that it was the same tone as he always used.

“Nathan maybe you should…”

“Why do you make her hate herself!” I shout at him, cutting Max off. Next minute I felt his hands tug on my arms, but I pushed him away and stared the man in front of me in the eyes.

“I don’t, I…”

“BULLSHIT! You hate her and all she ever wants is to make you proud! But you can’t get your head out of your arse and put your feet on the ground!!” I shout at him, cutting him off. He blinked before continuing,

“I tell her the truth, some people can’t take it.”

“Come on now Nathan,” Max said and forcefully pulled me away. I turned to face him and for a moment he looked nervous, something flared in his eyes.

“No.”

“Go to your quarters before I contain you in them,” Captain said.

“You bastard! How do you sleep at night!” I shout hearing her sob from her cabin more.

“I close my eyes; now go back to your cabin.”

“I love her and you can’t handle it!” I shout at him feeling Max’s hands let go of me suddenly. A smile came onto his lips like I’d fallen into a trap unwillingly. “Didn’t you hear me! I LOVE HER! But you’re the jackass who won’t let her live her life!”

He took a step forward and looked down at me. His warm breath stinking of fish and peppermint.

“Boy, do you see her?” he asked and pointed to her cabin. I reluctantly looked back to there and saw nothing but a closed door. “No. That’s right. If she truly loved you as you put it, she would have been out here declaring her love for you also… but she’s not is she,” he said making a stab wound in my chest and every time he spat the word Love it twisted with rusty points. I growled.

“She’s upset,”

“She’s a woman, they’re always crying over something,” Captain said rolling his hand as if to brush it off. “Leave her be boy, find another pretty bird and soon you’ll be claiming you love her also. This folly ended before started; you have no chance of pulling in a fish like her. She’s deadly like a shark and she will devour you.” He took a step back and looked behind me. “Griffin detain him to his quarters,” he said before turning and walked up the stairs. I stared blankly out after him. He’s just trying to shake you, don’t listen to him. I tried to tell myself that, but somehow it didn’t work. I still love her though.