Chapter 3: The Concert

####~Monita POV~####

The crowd was wild, it would have suited a club better than the theatre, but it didn’t care. I had somehow escaped the mass crowd and sat up on the metal railings above the jumping crowd of people, sweat and flashing lights.

The guys sounded great, each of them had their own unique sound to the songs. They did a bunch of originals and a few covers from the likes of Neon Trees and Goo Goo Dolls. After the show they signed a bunch of photos and posters as well as took a bunch of photos with their fans. They really acted like they cared what they thought and genuinely tried to do as much for them as possible. It was sweet.

Kimba and a few others had to usher the fans out and when over half of them had left I dropped down on my rope swing I’d been making. It was simply two ropes, one tied and fastened to make a seat while the rest connected to the roof.

“That’s where you bloody  ‘re, aye, Griffin’s waitin’ out the front for the lot of ya’,” Kimba shouted out with her hands on her hips. I laughed and kicked into a swing taking a deep breath and letting my head fall back before flipping around and dropping to the ground.  

“Why do you sound so keen to get rid of me Kimba?” I say a spring in my step from my happy mood.

“You’d be bad luck missy,” she said pointing at me, but smiling neither the less. I pulled her into a hug,

“You’re just going to miss me,” I say swinging from foot to foot while still hugging her in a bear hug.

“I’m be thinkin’ you’d be bloody better off ‘ere on land,” she said ruffing up my hair.

“You always say that you land lubber,” I say before checking behind to see the guys slowly coming to a group gathering. They were talking to Jayne and saying stuff like,

“We’ll be fine,”

“Yes we’ll be writing songs,”

“Don’t worry mother,” (Sarcastically). And so forth. Eventually they were ready, Kimba was watching me like it was the last time and it was unnerving.

“Don’t worry Kimba,” I say touching her shoulder, “We’ve done this a thousand times and I’ve got Griffin and Captain with me,” I continued. If anything I knew I could rely on Griffin. She nodded and then the six of us stole into the night where about two hundred fans still waited.

“COME ON CLEAR OUT!” Griffin shouted loudly as he backed the old truck to the front door. The girls moved out of the way and I motioned for the guys to jump onto the back of the Ute, at first they looked a little shocked and then I pushed Tom up with me. He took Siva and Max up and I pulled Jay up, before reaching out for Nathan’s hand. I pulled him up with a grunt and slipped so he landed on top of me.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” he said while the others laughed. Griffin kicked the Ute into gear and moved through the crowd of screaming girls who wouldn’t stop taking photos. I blushed before laughing,

“Don’t worry about it,” I say trying to get up, the flashes were slightly disorientating so I slipped back onto Jay’s lap laughing. The car jumped as we went over the curb and into a rut, he put a hand on my shoulder to steady me.

“Haven’t been drinking have we?” he said into my ear as the other trailed their hands out into the screaming crowd.

“No,” I say shaking my head. “I guess the flashes are just distracting,” I continue turning to look at him. He smiled looking at my eyes.

…………………………………………………

We got to the docks in a rush, speeding past through the lights and small streets as some cars chased around with us. At one point we pulled up at the lights on a double lane, Jay still hand his around me and Diego and his gang came to a stop next to us. He pulled his head out the window and wolf whistled,

“Monita! Monita, how about you come sit on my lap and we talk about the first thing that pops up?” Diego shouted out looking me up and down. I shifted off Jay’s lap self-conscious.

“Original,” I heard Max mumble sarcastically.

"Hey Diego!” I Griffin shouted out, “How about you piss off before I beat the crap out of you,” he continued and I watched as Diego frowned. Griffin was known as one of the better fighters in town and not a lot of people cared to challenge him. Diego was one of these.

“I’ll be seeing you around Monita, next time macho man won’t be here to stop us having our fun,” Diego said and reeved his car, pulling away into the still red light. I cringed and looked over to Griffin who was staring off angrily at the black car.

.

Once we had the guys on the yacht Captain made his appearance. A wind beaten face and faded grey hair that was tied at the back of his head loosely in a thin tail and wrapped leather. Misty blue eyes stayed sharp and alert as he looked over the boys and then to Griffin and I.

“I’m Captain,” he said in a strong well used voice, it was hard as steel and left no question in anything. “I’ll be your Captain for this trip,” he continued staring at the Tom when he smirked. “Here you have my daughter Monita,” he said motioning to me who stood with my hands behind my back. I watched as the guys let out a little bit of a shocked expression. “She’s the cook and deck hand. And this is Griffin, he’ll be deck hand and stand in for me when I am unable to sail. Griffin here also gathers our food when we come into bay and will be our guide around the islands,” Captain said speaking proudly of Griffin.

I smiled, “If you have any questions or wants during this trip please feel free to ask. Also if you’ll follow me I’ll finish the safety briefing.”

The guys nodded and followed me into the mess hall. Captain and Griffin went off to set sail even though dusk had turned to night. “Don’t tell Captain,” I whisper to Griffin before continuing on with the guys. He nodded and ran off onto the deck.

I ran the guys through the safety stuff and showed them around the ship. “In the morning I’ll show you where on the deck you can go, basically if you’re not going to fall off the edge and drown or get left behind then it should be fine,” I say coming to a stop back in the mess. They nodded tiredly and I then told them that we’d be arrive at an Island sometime around three in the morning so when they woke up they’d be in a private paradise.

With dreams of sandy beaches and green islands I left then to slumber, Griffin said he’d be having first watch so he and I went to go sleep in our own cabin. We shared a cabin, not a bed… I think you should know that.