Chapter 21- Please Dont Go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with the warmth of the sun on my back and the feeling of skin on skin as someone wrapped their arms around me, holding me close to their bare chest. The moment made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, despite the sand pressed up against my face. I gently moved closer to the source of body heat and let my face rest on his chest. His wonderfully stunning chest with a heart that picked up its pace with my contact. I blushed, but smiled neither the less, knowing I was doing that.

“Morning beautiful,” he mumbled into my ear and I smiled, feeling my own heart start to race.

“Mornin’ handsome,” I reply and lift a dreary eyelid to watch his face. He smiled and started absentmindedly playing with my hair, curling it around his finger and then pushing it back. A soft breeze made them often fall back messily around my face. I couldn’t help but blush when I remembered last night, his hands running through my hair as his eyes locked with mine… a volt of electricity ran up my spine and I leant forward to kiss him.

“What’s on today?” he whispered with a cheeky smile.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll have to go get some water,”

“You shouldn’t go alone, it’s a dangerous jungle out there,” he said kissing my jaw. “So wild,” he whispered, his lips brushing on my ear.

“Well maybe I need someone big,” I say touching down at the waistband of his shorts, “And strong,” I say kissing his bare shoulder, “And brave to help me,” I finish looking into his eyes.

“I don’t think there’s a maybe in that,” he replied and took hold of my shoulder, flipping me over with his hips and kissed my neck. I giggled and pushed him away,

“Someone will see us Nath,” I say rolling from out under him and held onto the top of my dress so that it wouldn’t fall down.

“I don’t care,” he said smiling and crawled forward towards me. I laughed and shook my head,

“I care,” I say as my back hit a palm tree.

“Really?” he asked, his lips brushing mine as he spoke before kissing me lightly.

“Yes,” I reply as his hand rested on my hip and then trailed upwards. I slapped it away and stood up with a wobble. “Come, how about you help me with that water,” I say smiling as he caught the drift and jumped up. I grinned and walked towards the main camp where everyone, but Captain was. Jay grinned widely as did Tom and Max when Nathan and I walked towards the camp and quickly made it look like we’d been here all night.

“Oh come, does everyone think that!” I heard Nath exclaim loudly to Jay who was making pelvic thrusts and bitting his lip.

“Even I think that,” Siva said walking by and lifting his eyebrows at me. I blushed and Griffin pulled me away.

“Don’t go today,” he whispered into my ear as I folded something up. His hand was on my waist and his eyes were dark and nervous, probably from the lack of sleep, I tell myself.

“Why not? Anyway, where am I going?” I ask smiling at him and tilted my head to the side. His eyes went up behind me to Nathan who was sitting, poking the fire. He briefly looked up to us and gave a warm smile before it slowly fell. My gut clenched when I realised that Griffin might have heard us talking about London. If he knows then he’d understand… it has to be something else.

“Don’t go to get water, not with Nathan anyway,” he said and took my shoulders in his hands and made me look him dead in the eyes.

“Why?” I ask slightly angry.

“Because…. I…. I got this bad feeling,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Griffin, I know how to treat snake bites and Nathan’s not a creep. He Lo… likes me, he wouldn’t hurt me,” I say and pull away from him, not taking a second look as I grabbed a bucket and some of the drinking bottles we’d managed to salvage.

“Monita, please!” Griffin said taking hold of my shoulder. I pushed his hand off,

“Leave it Grif! I’m not going to listen,” I continue and motion for Nath to tag along. He stood and ran over, taking the bucket and two drink bottles, waving at the guys. I looked behind and saw all of them doing pelvic thrusts and when Griffin threw them a dark look they brushed it off with doing the Time Warp dance, looking goofy and slightly unstable. The forest blocked their view and soon it was just Nathan and I.

“We’re alone,” he said and kissed my bare shoulder. I smiled,

“We’ve been like this for half an hour,” I say and kiss him on the lips quickly before pulling away and looked up to the jungle canopy. A parrot flew overhead, screeching loudly as it flapped its wings. I smiled and the light crashed through the canopy, sending everything vibrant neon green with a golden light tumbling down to reach the forest floor. I smiled and kept looking up, but recited one of their lyrics,

“We're standing in a light that won't fade. Tomorrow's coming but this won't change. Cause some days stay gold forever,” I say and look over to him. He smiling warmly, but his eyes held the true beauty of his smile.

“The memory of being here with you, Is one I'm gonna take my life through, Cause some days stay gold forever,” he continued and brought his hand up to touch my face. I blushed and looked down for two long seconds before I couldn’t handle it any longer and looked back up into his eyes.

“I love you Nathan,” I say coming to a stop. The trees thick around us, but it didn’t matter because he could come closer to me. He looked down at me and his hands came to rest on my hips.

“I love you Monita Carlos,” he whispered into my ear with his lips brushing against it. I felt an electric shudder run up my body before his words travelled down my neck, “I love you,” he whispered on my neck, brushing his lips across the flesh before kissing. I bit my bottom lip and dropped the water bottle that was in my hand, and ran my hand to his shoulder. “I love every part of you,” he said looking up briefly before touching my nose with his thumb and ran it down under my eye and across my check. “Especially your eyes,” he finished.

I blushed and moved my lips forward slowly to kiss him. Suddenly a branch snapped. Rough arms grabbed hold of my mouth and around my chest, ripping me violently away from Nathan as a tall dark figure did the same with him, except the man who held Nathan had a cloth at his mouth. I remembered his eyes. They looked a mixture of anger, determination, but fear spelt through them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~