Chapter 4: Paradise Embarassing

$$$$> Jay’s POV <$$$$

I woke up earlier than everyone else for the first time ever probably. I don’t think the sea was working well with my stomach or my feet. It clearly wouldn’t help my chances impressing Monita, but I got the feeling that Baby Nath was keen on her. Just in case though…

The ship was silent other than a gentle rocking and a slap of water as calm waves hit the hull.  So I made my way to top deck, it seemed no one else was up here. Maybe I’m the first up out of everyone? I think and looked out as the sun rose over the island.

“Morning,” a voice chimed from a hammock strung between two posts. It was hanging over the water and looked like if a clumsy person (Me) tried to get on it they would face plant into the ocean.

“Morning,” I reply and walk over to see her. She was writing, Bonus, I think.

“A golden red and blood shed stained the sky as the warmth rose above the cool ocean and wild forest of shady green…” I read aloud, she blushed and closed the book. “It’s very good,” I continue and she jumped out of the hammock and pushed the book into the back of her shorts.

“Want to go for a morning swim?” she asked looking down to the ocean.

“Ahh…?” I start.

“Griffin’s swum to the shore already, I’m going to pick him up on the rubber duck and bring his mask and snorkel. How do you like seafood?” she said tugging at her short shirt that showed just the smallest amount of a tanned stomach.

“He swum that far!” I say and she nodded looking up to my eyes. She was being dead serious. Oh My Gosh! She’s been dead serious! She laughed,

“Jay we’re in a bay, it’s not that far to swim,” she said going around me and walked to the stern of the boat where a blue inflatable was. She pulled on some of the ropes and a pulley swung it out to the water. She busied herself by getting three masks and snorkels along with some fins.

“Ah… yeah I guess,” I say rubbing the back of my neck. She smiled before giving a questionable look at the fins.

“Do I take three pairs or just two?” she asked. I bit my bottom lip in thought before saying,

“Three.” She smiled and threw them into the boat.

*******>> Nathan’s POV <<**********

I stumbled out of the cabin half asleep, I was sharing a room with Siva and Tom and they were asleep. It must have been about seven and there was no movement from absolutely anywhere other than the slosh of the waves. Curious to see if Monita was awake I walk up the stairs while pushing my hair down. I’d forgotten to brush it, I’d also forgotten to brush my teeth and wash my face. What if she thought my breath was rank? I think feeling sheepish somewhat.

She wasn’t on the top deck though; I walked around it twice like a lost puppy hoping to find her. This is getting weird, I think shaking my head and coming to a stop. I shouldn’t be acting like this trying to get a girls attention.  

With a sigh I settle on trying to get onto the hammock the rested out to the water. It looked dodgy, but I think I could do it. So I slowly put a hand on it and it swung forward instantly making me skip a heartbeat and jump back.

“Okay…” I say to myself and give it another go. This time I managed to get my hand on it and then my foot. For a moment I had to really concentrate because I was wobbling.

“Nath!” I heard Monita shout out from the back of a small blue boat. I looked up at her and lifted a hand to wave before slipping and falling head first into the water, hitting my head on the hammock in the process. Oh great, I think sarcastically not wanting to put my head out of the water.

It was just so bloody typical, I would muck it all up in front of her and the others in the boat. I heard a splash and moments later soft hands pulled me up. I broke the surface and Monita was treading water in front of me looking concerned. 

Griffin on the other hand was cracking up laughing with Jay, both of them so in stiches that they could barely stand up. I actually think Jay face planted into the bottom of the boat in laughter, only making Griffin laugh more.

“You alright?” she asked and I could tell she was trying to contain the laughter. Instead she shot Griffin a dirty look, “Go on then you better start cooking!” she shouted to him and he tried to stumble off the boat. She turned back to me and looked at my forehead, pushing away some of my wet hair.

“I…I…Umm,” I stutter watching as she blushed and pulled away.

“Right then, didn’t you listen to my safety briefing Mr. Sykes?” she said sternly and lifted her eyebrows.

“I did…”

“Then what was the main point!” she said cutting me off before I could explain.

“To not fall into the water?” I say shrugging as much as I could in the water. She sighed and punched my shoulder gently before turning and swimming back to the ship. She got up and splashed Jay who managed to crawl onto the edge and gave me a goofy smile. He shook his head still chuckling away.

I groaned with embarrassment before swimming to the back of the boat.

..

...

Hehe, So what do you think so far???? Please dont feel afraid to review I love it when people do that.