Chapter 13: Those Hip's Dont Lie

__________________________________

So as expected the guys, Griffin and I spent the whole day mucking around and doing stupid stuff. Jay had the flip out and I had my camera to capture everything stupid they did. They said how they did a video every week for their fans and called it Wanted Wednesday but because they’d been away from the internet for so long that they couldn’t upload anything. Nathan joked about how they might think they’d all drowned and they’d be all devastated. I just turned up the music a little louder and took some photos of him. Griffin pulled out the water guns and within seconds people were scattering around the place laughing whilst being drenched in water. Griffin chucked me one and I let the camera hang loose around my neck while I turned against Jay. He cowered away for a moment, but I ran up and squirted water all down his back and through his hair.

“Got you,” I say grinning and laughing. He grabbed my legs and quickly flung me over his shoulder.

“Now I’ve got you!” he said while I yelped and then started to shout for him to put me down. He ignored it and walked around the top deck with me like I might be his latest scarf or something. Nathan jumped out of nowhere and attacked Jay until he had to let me go and this time Nathan took hold of me and pulled me over to the back of the boxes. I laughed and he said,

“I just couldn’t refuse saving the damsel in distress,” he said grinning at me before Tom appeared from behind him,

“Duck!” I say and he did just then. I took a shot while he sprayed us back, but soon Nathan and I fought him back. “Who’s the damsel now?” I joke and poke my tongue out at him successfully getting a loud laugh from him. He went to stand and slipped over onto me and we both laughed. “Here,” I say taking his hand and putting it on a railing. He paused and looked back at me and I realised how close our faces were. I could feel his warm breath place softly against the side of my neck and I found it hard to breathe. His eyes were just so…

“And yet another Nathan and Monny moment!” Max said holding the flip camera before squirting us in the face. I spluttered and pulled back before spraying him and clambering back to a stand.

“Why the hell did you do that for!” I heard Nathan hiss at Max and Max chuckled.

“You like her!” he exclaimed loudly and I heard a thuwmp! As Nathan hit his arm.

“Don’t be a dick,” Nathan replied.

“You said a naughty word,” Tom said in a kiddy voice and I went to the back of the boat with my water gun because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to hear anymore. I know, what a great spy.

_________________________

We ate leftovers tonight because I couldn’t give a dam to cook and instead of eating down in the mess we sat up the top with Tom’s guitar and I listened to them singing. They went through some of theirs, but did a lot of covers as well. Small lamps spotted the area and I’d managed to steal their flip camera and replace it with my film camera. Personally I knew the quality would be better and the fans would thank me later. They covered Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls, For The First Time by the Script, Breakeven also by The Script. Tom did Wonderwall by Oasis and then Nathan and Max did Drive By by Train. I took over on the guitar for Tom and Jay did L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N by Noah and The Whale with Siva and Siva did This is Home by Switchfoot, his favourite band.

After that we just paused and watched the stars for a long while. The wind rippled through the white sails and made the jingle noise as it brushed against the mast. The air was a fresh salty and just enough to threaten goosebumps to the touch.

“Do you sing?” Nathan asked and I saw Griffin’s smile grow large.

“Nha, I’ll just stick to playing in the background,” I say and pull a few strings of the guitar from one of Santana’s songs.