The Wrong Side of the Morning

Ashton POV

I woke up not in a great mood this morning. I went to get out of bed but, I because Luke had his arm was wrapped firmly around my waist. Normally I wouldn't care but today was different. I decide to get up even though it would wake Luke up.

"Why are you up so early mate?" I heard Luke say as I was about to walk out of the room. I didn't say anything to him instead just walked to the bathroom to get my morning started. When I went back to my room Luke had fallen back asleep. Rolling my eyes I decided it was best not to make a fuss

So, I walk down stairs into the kitchen only to find Liam drinking his coffee and looking out the window.

"Morning Ashton."

"Whatever." I mumbled back towards him

"Excuse me? Do you want to repeat that?"

"I said,'Morning.'"

"That's what I thought you said. I'm going to go make breakfast. Will you go get up the boys for me?"

"Why can't you do it?"

"Ashton, will you get the others up for me?" He replied while raising an eyebrow towards me.

"Oh, alpha getting mad." I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. Liam stalked over to me and I braced myself for what I knew was coming. Turning me around he delivered five quick and hard warning swats.

"Now, you are doing to go and get the boys up then, come back down here and set the table is that clear?" I stood there for a minute looking at the dark look in my alpha's eyes trying to figure out if the fight was even worth it or not before food.

"Yes sir."

Making my way up stairs to wake up Zayn and Niall since they are generally easy risers. I flip the light switch on and off until they both started to stir in bed. Which honestly only took a handful of times.

"Ash, cut it out." I heard Zayn groan as he pulled a pillow over his head. Might not have been my smartest move maybe it was because I'm kind of hungry or just because I woke up a little grouchy but, I didn't listen to the warning that was in his voice. Before I can even process what was happening he had gotten out of bed and tucked me under his arm delivering two harsh smacks to the tops of my thighs.

"Ah, Zayn stop please!" Hearing the whine in my own voice made me cringe. Zayn pulled me up and firmly took my chin in his hand forcing me to look into his eyes. I suppose he was satisfied with whatever he saw because he left me go with a small nudge out the room.

Sulking I started heading towards the other rooms letting them know that Liam was making breakfast and it was time to get up. The last person I needed to wake up was Luke. I poked my head into the room to see if he has woken back up instead I found his snoring softly drooling on my pillow. For some reason it was all it took to set me off. Walking over to the bed I pulled my pillow out from under his and somehow managed to slap him in the process.

"Ow! What the hell?!" He all but yelped.

"What? You were the one drooling all over my pillow." I sneered back to him.

"What do you mean 'What?' You just hit me."

"So, you were drooling on my pillow." Rolling my eyes at him for having to reiterate my statement. Before Luke could say something back Zayn walked in.

"What is going on in here boys?" Looking over towards him I watch as his eyes scan the both of us. I started shifting from foot to foot getting uncomfortable under his eyes.

"Nothing, just waking everybody up like Liam asked me to do." I reply trying to keep the waver out of my voice.

"Is that true Luke?" Turning my head to look towards Luke I could make out the faint red mark of my hand print on his face. Waiting for him to reply silently praying to anybody for Zayn not to see it. Big pack rule is not to hit each other. Which according to Liam is not the same as being punished.