36 - Daphne

Kisha's POV

A few minutes ago, Diwata Pam was telling us where we could find Cedric and what we could do to save him. And now, after we've sped our way back to my school, Dylan and I have been creeping up, trying to get to the white car with the seemingly open trunk, where Diwata Pam said that Cedric would be found unconscious.

Dylan squeezed my hand, which was his signal to go on our tiptoes and walk over quietly to the car. It was getting darker and darker out here in the parking lot, which gave us a better chance of not being seen by the driver of this car, who was probably taking a piss for what seems to be the longest time. I slowly opened the trunk door, and there I saw a faint Cedric, his arms outstretched as if he was asking for a hug, murmuring words with no sound.

"Cedric!" I said, way too excitedly. I give him a short hug before asking him, "Who did this to you?"

He gulps, trying to find some air for him to make words from. "I remember being in the park with Camille, when everything blacked out. Someone covered my eyes, and I heard a gun shot and it was later when I found out that I was stuffed inside a car trunk and driven away."

"We need to take you to the hospital." I tell him, stroking his arm, to which he responds with a wince in pain and, "No! Take me anywhere, just not to the hospital! Please, Kisha!"

"Do you want to die?" I hiss, my eyes widening. "If we don't take you to the hospital, there's a possibility that we'll just leave you here in the trunk of this car to be exposed to germs and bacteria and dangerous creatures that will eat you alive and leave you to rot. Do you want that?"

He shakes his head. "I just don't want them to worry about me again. I've given them enough problems already, and I don't want to add up to that."

Suddenly, I heard someone bark out angrily from a distance. "Who are you?! What are you doing near my car?!" All of us looked at each other with nervous glances, unsure what to do and how to move and where to go. It all happened so fast: Dylan and I untying and cutting off the ropes that were binding Cedric to the trunk of the car, and him riding on our backs as we tried to run as fast as possible with the remaining adrenaline left in our bodies. A tricycle saw the urgency on our faces, and decided to let us hitch a ride, stepping on the gas as much as possible, trying to avoid the white car behind us until it vanished from sight, thanks to late night traffic.

We had stopped in front of FEU Fern, and while Dylan had taken Cedric to the emergency room and gone ahead without me, I had fished out some coins from my bag and gave it to the driver. I eventually caught up with them: Dylan sitting down on a chair on Cedric's bedside, and a nurse taking his vitals whilst assessing his condition. Minutes later, she gave us the breakdown on how he was.

"He's doing fine. He has a few bruises that just need to be treated, but nothing serious has been inflicted upon Mr. Mondero." she says, which makes me breathe out a sigh of relief. "I'm going to call one of our doctors so that they can check up on him further. Please wait here."

The nurse left, and since silence had enveloped us all, with Cedric being asleep and drugged with some sort of painkiller, I had tried and tried to think of the answer to my question: Who could have done this to Cedric, and what would they have ever wanted with him?

Angel's POV

Well, this is the moment I've been dreading to happen for so long.

The moment that Luke leaves for his world tour.

We haven't been talking the whole time: from him fetching me from my house, to the ride to the airport, and even now that we were just pacing back and forth in his terminal, just waiting for the announcement of his flight to start boarding. I didn't want to talk for the simple reason that I was afraid that if I did, tears would spill out and my cries of sadness would turn into muffled words that sounded a lot like German. I don't know what his problem was with talking, but Luke just didn't.