22 - Shannaya

"Smile!" my mother said as she took a picture of me and my friends. It was prom night, and my mom was being the absolute stage mother, taking every photo she can of me like I was some sort of celebrity.

"Are we done yet?" I said through gritted teeth, complaining.

"Oh yeah, okay we're done. You and your friends can go now." Mom replied, wrapping up her camera. Her eyes were teary, and I just gave her a hug, being sort of creeped out by her reaction. We started to go inside the event place, and I was looking for a specific person who hasn't even bothered to show...

"Kisha!" A familiar voice shouted behind me. I turned around and saw Dylan in his suit. I felt the heat rush to my face, as I saw how dashing he looked in his prom outfit. I looked down at what I was wearing, and felt sort of ashamed.

"You look b-beautiful," he said with a stutter, making me want to puke rainbows. "Thanks."

He led me to my seat, and once we were settled, I looked at the dance floor, seeing all my friends with their dates. It was just like yesterday when we were just a couple of hopeless dorks with no interest in boys whatsoever, and here we are now! I saw Ryen dancing with Zac, Chloe with Angelo and Nyssa with Callan, although I couldn't help but notice that Angel and Luke were missing. I was just about to crane my neck to look for them, when a small voice spoke behind me yet again.

"Kisha?" It was Shannaya. She was a friend of mine as well, although we haven't had the opportunity to hang out just as much.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I ask her. But, then I looked at her face and I was suddenly totally confused at what she might need. "Hey, are you crying?"

She nodded and bit her lip, as more and more tears spilled down her face. "Alright, let's go. I'll get you fixed." I stood up and accompanied her to the restroom, wanting to know what exactly her problem was.

"Okay, so what happened?"

"I d-don't know. i just feel so alone, like I'm the only one here without a partner. I mean, it's prom. It sucks to be here without someone else with you."

I tilted my head a bit to the side, confused. "Alone? I thought Calum asked you out."

Oh, that Calum boy, up to his antics again. He was supposed to be Shannaya's partner, not the reason for her tears during the most special night of her high school life. Both of them have been friends for such a long time, and all of us could see that they really like each other more than friends. Unfortunately, both of them are too shy to admit what they feel towards each other.

"Hey, don't worry, okay? He'll be around, I promise. Let's just go and listen to One Direction. They're still your favorite boyband, right?" I offered.

She smiled a little, and nodded as I escorted her out of the girls' room. From the corner of my eye, I saw Luke and Angel laughing and looking like they were having such a great time. As soon as we were seated, Luke caught a glimpse of me and mouthed the words, "I'll ask her." He's been having this great plan of popping the big question to Angel (no, he's not gonna ask her to marry him though), and everyone in school knows besides Angel.

On the other hand, Shannaya was seated behind me, until I saw Calum coming from the other side of the room. She ignored his advances and proceeded to run outside. I didn't know what to do: should I watch what unfolds between Angel and Luke, or should I run after Shannaya just in case something bad happens? Whatever I decided, I am pretty sure tonight would end up being crazy.

**********

Hi, guys! So it's me Admin 2; I'll be in charge of Chapters 22 to the last (goodbye Admin 1) okay haha so hope you like the rest of the story! We're halfway done mwah <3

VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN!!!!!