Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Finnick Pov.

My dad and I go to one of the shops to see if we can borrow some boxes to use so that we can carry more than a couple items when we start moving Annie's and my stuff. We ask the manager for some moving boxes and he gives us about twenty. My dad wants to take me for a quick lunch so we go down to the fish market where they make meals. We order some fish and sit at a table and talk, then he brings up Annie.

"I told you so." He says mockingly.

"Yea yea yea. I guess you were right." I say with a smirk as I roll my eyes.

"That girl was devastated when you were gone." he says quietly.

"Don't make me feel worse then I already do." I say seriously.

"It's not your fault son, this whole system is pretty messed up if you ask me. If I could, I'd change everything about this country." he says.

"So would I." I tell him.

"And why didn't you tell your mother and I that she was from six?" He asks.

"How do you know?" I ask as I yell a little.

"Son your mom is a school teacher! For crying out loud how long did you think you'd be able to keep it from us? She hears all the gossip." Dad says.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was just trying to protect her." I tell him.

"I know you were." he says.

He goes to pay the check, but I already take the money from my pocket and put it down on the table with a ten dollar tip. We walk out of the restaurant and go to pack. Soon I'll have my own house for just Annie and I.