Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Annie Pov.

A week later...

The tribute interviews are on tonight. Finnick and I are going to watch them because Bethany is on them and we want to know what she's going to say. The kids at school don't know we've been going out. After our first date we've gone on about four more. I feel like I know so much about him. I thought he was annoying, then I thought he was nice, then I thought he was sweet, then I thought he was cute, now I just like everything about him. Good and bad. When he apologized to Jerry, Jerry excepted his apology and Jerry even said sorry to me. We all hang out together now. But it is kind of awkward. I really like Finnick. It's definitely hard keeping our feelings for each other on the down low at school though. Like when we have art class three times a week, Finnick always makes me different things to hang on my walls. By the end of the school year, I'm not going to have any room on my walls. But I still hang all of them up, because he gets so happy when he sees me tape them on my wall. After school, we invite Jerry, Sarah, and Mick over to watch the tribute interviews. We all walk to our house together.

"Do you kids want a snack? I can warm up the bread rolls I bought from the bakery this morning." Mrs. Odair asks.

"Yea that sounds good." Sarah says

"Thanks Mrs. Odair." Mick says.

"No problem kids. I'll get the bread ready, and then I'll be in my room watching the interviews if you need me." she tells us.

"Okay thanks mom." Finnick says.

Jerry sits at the end of the couch, Sarah sits next to him, I sit between Sarah and Finnick, and Mick sits next to Finnick. Mrs. Odair brings out a plate of bread with butter and cheese on the side. She also brings out some water with five glasses.

"Welcome to the 63rd hunger games tribute interviews!" Caesar Flickerman, the hunger game host says.

The crowd starts cheering. He introduces the girl from district one. She's tall and strong, she has light brown hair and bright colored eyes. She practically flirts her way through the entire interview.

"Oh, she's hot." Mick says.

"Yea she is." Jerry says. "don't you think so Finnick?" this is one of those moments that's awkward. Finnick and I are going out so he's not going to want to say that she's pretty in front of me. Even though I don't really care.

"Guys be quiet, I'm trying to watch the show." he says.

The guy from one goes on. I think he's eighteen, the oldest you can be. The other districts go on. Both tributes from two are strong like the ones from one. The tributes from three seem very smart. When it's time for Bethany's interview everyone is practically leaning towards the TV.

"Welcome Bethany! How are you?" Caesar asks.

"I'm doing okay Caesar." she says with a smile. She is wearing a pink ruffly dress with sparkles all over it. Her hair is curled and poofy and she is wearing a ton of makeup.

"She has never looked better." Jerry says.

"I want that dress so bad!" Sarah says.

"Volunteer next year. You'll get one to." Mick says. I laugh and Sarah rolls her eyes.

"So you are a very attractive young lady Bethany, I'm sure the young men back home go crazy for you." Caesar says.

"Well, I have been told that some guys have crushes on me. But there's only one guy that I've ever wanted." she says sweetly.

Finnick and I look at each other. We know she's talking about him. But Mick, Sarah, and Jerry are at the edge of their seats.

"What is this lucky fella's name?" Caesar asks encouragingly.