Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Annie Pov.

Sarah, Mick, and Jerry come over to watch the Hunger Games with Mr. and Mrs. Odair and I. I grab a pillow and squeeze it. Every year of the games that we watched I would bury my face into Finnick's chest, and squeeze his hand. It was the only way I could make myself watch the games. Now I don't have anyone, but I told Finnick I would watch. I know he wouldn't be mad if I didn't, but I feel like I owe it to him. I see the clock counting down on the screen. The camera shows all of the tributes faces. I see Finnick's. He looks determined, serious, he doesn't look like his usual sarcastic, funny self. He looks ready to kill. Like a completely different person. I feel l'm watching someone I don't even know. Claudius exclaims, "Let the 65th Annual Hunger Games begin!" the gong goes off and Finnick races for the cornocoupia. The arena is a jungle, Finnick will do good in a jungle. He grew up by a jungle. He grabs three spears. Someone comes towards home and he throws a spear. It hits the kid and the first canon goes off.

"Wow, he is doing awesome!" exclaims Jerry as Finnick throws another spear at a girl and it kills her. He kills another person. Finnick is teamed up with the careers. They take almost everything from the cornucopia and run for the jungle. They build a camp and hunt. I've got to admit that I had no idea that Finnick was so good at this stuff. I tell Finnick's parents that I want to send him some bread. We go to the peacekeeper who is in charge of calling the mentor of the tribute you want to send something to. You pay him, you tell him if you want to send a note, and the tribute gets a gift. We decide to send him some bread to share with the people in his alliance. The peacekeepers call his mentor Mags and they send the bread. They tell us that Finnick will get the bread tomorrow. Apparently Finnick has many sponsors and it's taking them a while because one of them is buying him a very expensive gift. I'm glad that he has so many sponsors. We go back home and go to sleep. I can't wait to see Finnick get his gift tomorrow morning.

----------------------------------------------

I wake up and turn on the TV. Finnick is on again. I see the parachute we sent him coming down from the sky. He opens it and reads the note. He looks at the camera and says, "love you too guys." I smile and just watch. I miss him so much I want him back with me now I would do anything in the world to have him sitting with me on this couch right now. I see Finnick gets a trident. He got a trident? Those other kids are history. Finnick and a trident against the other tributes they can say goodbye. I now know that Finnick can win these games and come home to me.