Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Finnick Pov.

With this, I can go hunt the others down right now. I have the food and the supplies, I have the weapon that I know how to use best. I'm going to win. I jump down from the tree, I start walking to where the careers were camping. Two canons go off. I look up in the sky, it was Max and Jackie. I was in their alliance so I don't want to kill Sam and Shine. Well, I wouldn't mind killing Sam, he killed Hannah even when I asked him not to. I can't kill Shine though, she was the nicest one to me. I would if I had to, because killing her, could get me to Annie. I'll do anything to get back to Annie. So I grab two of my spears and my trident. I also bring my backpack with food. I bury the other spears by my tree. I start heading to the careers' camp. It has been totally destroyed and ransacked. I see someone taking their stuff. I don't know who it is, it's not Shine or Sam though, so I throw the spear and the cannon goes off. It turns out it was the boy from three. That means there are six left and me so a total of seven. They are probably interviewing the families now. Are they going to interview Annie? What is she going to say? I decide to keep killing. I get the spear out of the kid and I keep walking I see someone in a tree. I stand by the tree, waiting for them to jump down. I see him look down. Darn it! He climbs down the tree knife in hand, he jumps down and I get my trident, he throws the knife and I use the middle of my trident to block it from hitting me. It falls to the ground and he's defenseless. I take the trident and throw it into the center of his body. He screams in pain and the cannon goes off informing everyone in the arena that he's dead. They show his picture in the sky. He's the male tribute from six. Five more. Just five more. I hear another cannon and the laugh of Sam and Shine. It was the girl from seven. I've never seen games go by so fast. At this rate, there will be a winner tomorrow afternoon. I walk back to my tree. I see someone digging at the spears I buried. How did they find it? I think. I take my spear, and throw it. It doesn't hit her. I take my trident and throw it, and it buries itself in her head. The cannon goes off. Now I feel guilty. I've killed three at the beginning, one yesterday, and two today. I am responsible for the murders of six people. I didn't even know their names. Killing feels easy in the moment, you feel nothing. But when you look back and realize what you did, it's the worst feeling. But then I tell myself, "The only thing worse then killing people, is being separated from the ones that you love." I'm not done. I still need three people to die. I can handle my guilt later. Right now my priority is winning.