Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Annie Pov.

Finnick, Mrs. Odair, and myself start walking to school. Mrs. Odair says that she is an English teacher for our grade. Finnick and I are in 6th grade. Mrs. Odair sees one of the other teachers and goes to talk to her. Finnick and I sit in front of our first class.

"So who do you hang out with?" I ask. "Are you one of the popular kids?" I ask sarcastically.

"Whatever, I hang out with those kids." Finnick says pointing to a group of kids. They have to be the popular group. The girls are all pretty, the guys are all strong. At my old school I had about five friends and we were not popular. We weren't the bottom of the school popularity chart, but we weren't at the top. Something tells me Finnick is at the top.

"Come on, I'll introduce you." Finnick says, standing close to me as if he is like my body guard or something.

"Ok..." I say nervously.

"Hey guys." Finnick says.

"Hey Finnick happy birthday." One of the girls says. She's pretty, she has golden colored hair, brown eyes, and freckles.

"Thanks Bethany" Finnick says.

"So whose your friend Finnick?" She asks rudely.

"Annie this is Bethany, Bethany this is Annie."

"Nice to meet you." I say trying to be nice.

"It's always nice to meet me." She says cockily.

"Meow!" One of Finnick's friends says.

"Anyways we probably should head to math but we'll see you guys later okay?" Finnick says.

"Okay bye Finnick." Bethany says.

We walk towards math and I tell the teacher that I'm the girl from 6 who got transferred to 4. We sit down and class goes by pretty fast. We go to our next three classes which were English, science, and history. And then it's time for lunch. Finnick and I share the lunch that we packed together before school. His friends come over and sit with us.

"You guys share a lunch?" Bethany asked with an annoyed tone in her voice.

Finnick nods his head.

"Why? Poor girl from 6 doesn't have any money?" Bethany asks.

I put my head down and stop eating my food.

"Bethany will you shut up?!" Finnick yells.

"Aww how sweet" Bethany smirks. "Finnick is protecting his girlfriend." She starts laughing.

Finnick stands up. "Go" he says.

"Excuse me?!" Bethany asks with a surprised tone in her voice.

"You heard me, when you can be a good friend to Annie and I, you can join us for lunch. Annie and I sat here first so you're the one that needs to move." Finnick says sternly.

"You know Finnick, I never thought you would give up me, a true friend for some poor girl from 6 that you just met." Bethany says as she walks away.

I don't know what to do now. If Finnick and I were at home or alone I would hug him or something to say thanks. But we're in school and Bethany already called me his girlfriend and I don't want Finnick to be embarrassed.

"Thank you." I whisper when his friends are distracted.

When lunch is over, it's time for training. This is when the careers get to train. When we walk over, Finnick passes me a note. I open it up and read the letters that he had to write quickly. 'I got your back' is what it says. The crowd has gotten big and I lost sight of Finnick. I finally see him and I show him the note to tell him I read it. He winks at me and smiles. I turn away before I can blush.