Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Finnick Pov.

The morning of the hunger games

School is cancelled today for the games. School won't start again until the games are over. Annie and I invited Jerry, Sarah, and Mick. Mom and Dad are going to a friends house to watch and they are going to let us all stay home together.

"Oh yea guys by the way, Annie and I are officially boyfriend and girlfriend now just so there's no surprises about it." I let them know.

"Thanks for telling us this time." Jerry says sarcastically.

The show starts. The arena is large, it has a lot of trees and it is raining as soon as they get in the arena. At least they will have water in the beginning. The countdown starts and ends fast. Even though it was 60 seconds it felt like 10 seconds. They all start killing. Annie buries her head into my chest. She told me on one of our dates that blood and all that stuff grosses her out. We search for Bethany and we see the boy from district seven on her already. He grabs a knife that's behind him, he raises it and stabs her in the chest. She screams and they flash over to someone else.

"Is she...?" Sarah asks sadly.

"Already? I know Bethany wasn't the athletic type but I thought she would at least be able to run through the blood bath." Mick says.

We don't see her run into the woods and we have to wait to see the faces of the fallen tributes in the sky. Bethany has already lost. She's gone. I don't feel anything towards her death. It's like watching a complete stranger die. Our friends leave and Annie and I turn off the TV.

"I'm sorry that she died Finnick." Annie says.

"To be honest, I feel like I don't even know her. Like she's just some random tribute." I tell her.

"It's okay if your upset." she tells me.

"I'm not though Annie. I would've told you if I was." I tell her honestly.

"Okay I'm just making sure." She walks up closer to me. "You can tell me though if something is upsetting you okay? I want you to tell me." she says softly.

"I know. I can talk to you about anything Annie." I say.

"Good." She says. "goodnight Finn."

"Goodnight Ann." I say when she walks by me I kiss her forehead and she goes in her room. I walk in my room.

When I lay down I fall asleep. All of my dreams are about Annie.