Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Finnick Pov.

I start walking to school with mom and Annie. When we get to school we sit in front of our first class.

"So who do you hang out with?" Annie asks. "Are you one of the popular kids?" she asks sarcastically.

"Whatever, I hang out with those kids." I say pointing to my friends Jerry, Mick, Bethany, and Sarah. "Come on, I'll introduce you." I tell her and we stand up.

"Ok.." she says. She sounds nervous, Annie was kind of shy with me at first then she called me a lap dog of the capital and that's when the real her came out.

I try to keep Annie safe as if we are in a jungle or something I guess it's because I know how kids are. "Hey guys." I say casually.

"Hey Finnick happy birthday." Bethany says. Apparently Bethany told Sarah and Sarah told Mick, and Mick told Jerry, and Jerry told me that Bethany has a crush on me. For some reason I have a feeling Bethany is going to see Annie as a threat. Because Bethany might be pretty, but I think Annie has got her beat. Plus Bethany is dumb as a rock. Annie is smart. Bethany is a drama queen. Annie is shy and funny. So I would never date Bethany when I might be able to get someone like Annie.

"Thanks Bethany." I say.

"So whose your friend Finnick?" she says in a disgusted tone of voice. I knew it. She knows Annie is prettier than her. She's jealous and if she takes her jealousy out on her, I will gladly stop hanging out with her.

"Annie this is Bethany, Bethany this is Annie." I tell them.

"Nice to meet you." Annie says sweetly.

"It's always nice to meet me." Bethany says. She's bugging me so I know it has to bother Annie.

"Meow!" Mick says. Mick and I are kind of the jokers of the group. Mick is probably the friend I'm closest to out of our group.

"Anyways we probably should head to math but we will see you guys later ok?" I tell them trying to get Annie away from Bethany as soon as possible.

"Okay bye Finnick." Bethany says.

We walk to math class and sit down. I always got bored in school. But Annie makes school fun, which none of my other friends could do. I literally enjoyed school today. That has never happened to me before! Does she make everything in my life better? We sit down at a lunch table and I pull the lunch out of my bag that we packed together before school started.

"You guys share a lunch?" Bethany says with an annoyed tone in her voice.

I nod my head.

"Why? Poor girl from 6 doesn't have any money?" she asks with an evil grin.

Annie puts her head down and I look at her no I think to myself, I told her I would protect her.

"Bethany will you shut up?!" I yell.

"Aww how sweet" Bethany smirks. "Finnick is protecting his girlfriend." she breaks out into laughter.

I stand up and raise my voice. "Go." I tell her.

"Excuse me?!" Bethany asks clearly confused and offended.

"You heard me, when you can be a good friend to Annie and I, you can join us for lunch. Annie and I sat here first so you're the one that needs to move." I say with a stern tone of voice that I never use.

"You know Finnick, I never thought that you would give me up, a true friend, for some poor girl from 6 that you just met." She says as she walks away. I won't let her treat Annie like that.