Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Annie Pov.

When I wake up I can't stop thinking of Finnick. Today is the reaping, if he gets picked he can't go without knowing that I like him to. He was all I could thin of last night. I kept thinking to myself 'what if he gets picked?" and replaying the tribute escort calling his name in my head. I'm so scared for him. I can't deal with him going in the arena. I'll go crazy I know I will. I can't even deal with thinking of this right now. I'm so terrified. I need to get to Finnick right now. Today school is canceled for the reaping to take place. I knock on his door and he opens it up. I hug him.

"What is this all about? You have a crush on me now?" he asks teasingly.

"Think what you want, I'm worried about you right now that's all." I tell him.

"Worried about what?" he asks stupidly.

"You're being entered in the reaping today! I'm scared for you!" I yell a little.

"Because you like me." he laughs.

"Why do you care so much if I like you?" I ask "is it because you like me?"

"Hmmm give me a minute to answer that." he laughs.

"Finnick!" I yell.

"Hey what happened to Finn?" he says changing the subject.

"That's not what we are talking about right now." I tell him.

"Oh you're the boss?" he asks.

"Would you stop changing the subject?!" I ask him.

"Fine the truth is..." he starts to say.

We here a knock on the door Finnick goes to open it. It is one of the peacekeepers. "Hello, may I speak to your parents young man?" he asks.

"Sure, just give me a second." Finnick tells him. He goes and gets his mom and dad.

"Hello." Mrs. Odair says to the peacekeeper.

"Hello Mrs. Odair." The peacekeeper says.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asks.

"We just wanted to let you know that Mr. and Mrs. Brown, Jerry's parents aren't happy with your child punching him in the face. He has had a bloody nose and he has a black eye." He tells her.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry, I will make sure Finnick apologizes him tomorrow." She tells the peacekeeper.

"Thank you, sorry to bother you but we don't take these matters lightly. If he does things like this as an adult, then there will be punishments. Also don't forget about the reaping today." He reminds her.

"Okay thank you for the reminder." She says.

The peacekeeper leaves the house and I know Finnick is going to be punished for what he did to Jerry.

"FINNICK ODAIR! GET YOUR BUTT IN THE LIVING ROOM NOW!" Mrs. Odair yells.

Finnick runs in the kitchen and I stay in the hall to listen. Finnick's dad walks in the room to.

"Finnick would you like to explain to your father and I why you punched Jerry in the face?" Mrs. Odair asks sternly.

"Well I was talking to Jerry after training, and he started-" I run out there and cut Finnick off.

"Mr. and Mrs. Odair!" I yell.

"Annie not right now we are dealing with something serious." Mr. Odair says nicely.

"Finnick was just protecting me, Jerry was apparently calling me names or whatever and Finnick was just trying to be a good friend to me. He didn't mean to hurt anyone he was just trying to protect me." I try to explain.