Chapter 22

Finnick Pov.

Six days later...

The tribute training scores are tonight. Tonight is one of the big nights of the hunger games process. We get to find out our scores that we recieved over the past week. If you get a good score, you get sponsors, bad scores get you no sponsors. I really hope my trident plan worked. I used it for personal training and the gamemakers seemed impressed but I could be wrong. I sit down with Hannah, Pearl, Mags, and my stylist Annie. We all wait for Caesar Flickerman to announce the training scores.

"We will now find out how the gamemakers scored our tributes. District One, Max the score of an eight. District One, Shine the score of a seven. District Two, Sam the score of a nine. District Two Jackie, the score of a nine." They did pretty good. I don't pay attention to district three, even though I heard the numbers five and six. "District Four, Finnick Odair, the score of a ten."

"YES!" I yell. This will definetly get me sponsors! I can win if I have a lot of sponsors. I don't really pay attention to the rest of the show. Everyone else got sevens and under. I got the highest score of the night. We are told to go to bed and everyone tells Hannah and I good job. I go in my room and fall asleep. Even though I know I did good today, I still have nightmares.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Interview day!" Pearl squeals as she enters my room. My prep team starts making me over. They put me in a suit with blue on the cuffs of the sleeves and pants. Blue is Annie's favorite color. I can't stop thinking about her. I want to say something to her in the interview, since I'm going in the games tomorrow. I can't believe that they are tomorrow. I've been doing good with scores and stuff like that, but I still don't feel ready. Then again, I don't think anyone can prepare themself for the Hunger Games. After I'm finished being made over, we ride to the interview building. Caesar Flickerman introduces the show, blah blah blah. And then he introduces Shine. She is wearing a baby pink dress that's short and wide. She looks like some fairy tale character that little girls read about. Caesar asks her about what she is good at in the games and she tells him that she can throw knives and use a sword. I get pretty bored after that. The other interviews go by fast. Hannah comes across kind of socially awkward when she does her interview. She's quiet and doesn't look like she is enjoying the interview at all. I feel bad because this is the last opprotunity to get sponsors to take intrest in you, and I don't think anyone is going to bet on her because of her interview. Caesar calls my name and I walk up to the stage.

"Hello Finnick welcome!' He says happily.

"Hi Caesar." I say.

"Well Finnick, I believe there was a certain girl on a couple years back who had a bit of a crush on you. But you turned her down. Who did you turn down her down for?" Caesar asks.

"Her name is Annie and she's my best friend." I say with a toothless smile.

"What was Annie's reaction when Bethany claimed to be in love with you?" He asks.

"Annie doesn't care, she doesn't get jealous eaisly." I tell him.

"Tell us about her, I think the Capital and I want to know why you like her so much." Caesar says.

"When I met Annie, she seemed unique, she was fiesty, noisy, shy, gorgeous, smart, Caesar I need more than three minutes to tell you everything that I love about her." I tell him.

"She seems like a lovely young lady. Now I have another question, was she the girl who cried when your name was drawn out of the reaping bowl?" He asks.

"Yes that was Annie. She begged me to win. I told her that I loved her and that I would do my absolute best to win for her." I say.

"I know that many people are going to be rooting for you Finnick. Good luck out there." He says.

"Thank you, oh and Annie, if you're watching this, I love you so much. All the good things about you and the bad things. You're perfect, don't you forget it." I walk off stage and the entire crowd is cheering. I know I will have sponsors. I know I can win this, I just have to do my best.