Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Finnick Pov.

Annie and I sit on the beach together. I teach her how to make sand castles. She has fun molding the sand into a small castle. I ask her different questions about 6. She told me a lot about how since she is 11 years old like me, that she would have to enter her name into the reaping next year. Her family didn't want her to worry about having to enter her name in extra times in order for them to get tesserae. 6's job is transportation so they were able to build her a boat, hoping that she would land in a wealthier district like 4. The boat got messed up in the storm and she ended up here. Before I know it, the sun starts to set. We fall asleep side by side. And when Annie falls asleep, I thank the ocean for bringing her to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get up and go fish, buy bread, collect coconuts, and get some fresh water. I want to set up a little picnic for Annie. She's probably really hungry. Once I get all the food in a basket and I hide it behind some trees. I walk out of the jungle thinking Annie will be awake. I hit heads with her... Again.

"Ouch" she yells a little and starts to laugh.

"Sorry Ann didn't see you there" I smile at her I'm gonna call her Ann from now on. She starts to blush. Is the nickname thing uncomfortable to her? I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

"No problem Finn" I start laughing because now I know the nickname thing made her uncomfortable. "What?!" She yells a little.

"Thinking of pet names for me?" I ask.

"Hey you started the pet name thing first I just played along!"

"Yea okay sure Ann."

She shoves me and it makes me laugh more because it didn't hurt at all.

"Close your eyes, I have a surprise for you."

As quick as I can I start setting up our picnic. I shake Annie a little to tell her I'm done she sees the picnic.

"Thank you!" she exclaims. She throws her arm around my neck, hugging me. She practically has to jump up to reach my neck. I hug her back.

We walk over and sit down. Annie starts eating incredibly fast. I don't bug her though, I would want to be left alone to if I hadn't eaten this much food for so long.

I give her a sad smile. "what's wrong?" she asks.

"I just didn't realize how hard you guys have it."

She looks at me with big blue eyes. I get lost in what seems like forever as I stare a them. I start to get up, I want her to meet my parents. I want her to live with me. Where she will be safe. Where she will be cared for.

She grabs my hand anchoring me down so that I can't continue getting up. "Where are you going?" she asks, clearly not wanting me to leave.

"I was gonna see if you wanted to meet my mom and dad." I tell her I think they would be okay with it.

"Are you crazy?!" She yells. I'm confused why doesn't she want to meet my parents? "If your parents meet me they might tell the peacekeepers!" She yells again she yells a lot.

"Why would my parents do that? I'm sure if we explain to them they will be fine with things." I snap a little I really want her to be safe.

"What do you mean things?" she asks clearly confused at what I just said.

"I was just going to ask if you could live with us you don't have a house here or anything." I tell her I'm kind of upset that she won't just take my offer. If something happened to her, I don't know what I would do.

"Okay, but I don't want your parents to give up their space in their home for me it seems rude." She tells me. I guess she doesn't want to barge in to someone's home asking to live there. Just another thing I like about her, she's polite and she puts others first.

"We have more space than we need, we have an extra bedroom and everything" I tell her. She has no where else to go and we have enough space, money and food. My dad is a very successful fisherman, and my mom is a teacher at the district's school.

"I guess it can't hurt to introduce myself" she says, with a nervous look in her eyes. She's pretty easy to read by looking at her eyes.

"Great!" I say "let's start heading home then!" Finally she agreed I really want to take care of her, make sure her life is good. Most of all, protect her from the yearly reaping.