chapter 23

A while after the Yin and Yang adventure, Atticus saw that Experiment 513 was activated and this one caused earthquakes.

"Uh-oh, looks like this one will be a big challenge." Atticus said.

"You're not kidding." Cherry agreed once she caught a look at the newest experiment on the Hawaiian Islands.

"We better get going then." Patch said.

"Which experiment is next?" Darla asked.

"Experiment 513," Mo told her. "This one makes earthquakes."

"Oh, my..." Darla looked nervous.

"We better get to Hawaii." Atticus said.

The others agreed and they went away to face the newest experiment in Hawaii and with just a teleportation spell, they were instantly there.

Lilo and the others were with Nani as she was at work and was cleaning up so she could impress her newest boss. Atticus and the others soon arrived. Elena was telling the others about what had happened to her after the last experiment hunt and how her mother agreed to keep Yin and Yang as long as they would be kept under control.

"That's wonderful, Elena." Teresa smiled as she had black sunglasses on.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses today, Teresa?" Darla asked as she showed up.

"Darla!" the girls beamed to her and ran over to hug her.

Darla laughed as she hugged them right back.

"Is there another experiment being activated?" Yuki smiled.

"Uh, yeah, let's just say if there's a lot of shaking, you'll know where to find it." Darla smiled nervously, trying not to give too much away about the experiment so it might frighten them.

"Okay." Lilo said.

"Now, Teresa, why are you wearing sunglasses?" Darla asked as she took them off.

"No, don't!" Teresa cried out, but it was too late, and the girl had a bruise on her left eye.

This caused for the girls to gasp at what they saw. Teresa covered her eyes and looked nervous.

"Teresa...?" Darla asked.

"I ran into a door..." Teresa replied and then rubbed her arm. "And then I fell down the stairs."

"Teresa, you can tell us the truth." Darla said.

"No, I can't..." Teresa whispered.

"It's okay, Mom said it would be fine." Elena said.

"Your mom knows?!" Teresa sounded terrified now.

"Yes and she suggested to your mom that she should get a divorce with your dad." Elena said.

Teresa looked anxious again about her father being told all around the island which made her very worried.

"Teresa, it's okay, we're your friends, we're here for you," Lilo soothed. "Besides, I'm sure Cobra can maybe help you and your mom, he may be big and tough, but he's actually pretty cool once you get to know him."

"Yeah." Darla agreed.

"I... I don't know..." Teresa said nervously.

Before anything else could be said or done, David and Nani came over which made Teresa put her sunglasses back on. Nani came to see her new boss as it looked like it was a mess in the shack accidentally caused by Lilo and Stitch.

"Do we even need to know how this happened?" Atticus asked.

"I don't care how it started, but I'd like it to be cleaned up." Nani sighed.