chapter 18

A while before the next experiment would be activated, Drell was tutoring Cherry, Atticus, Mo, and Patch on their magic lessons.

"You all need to learn how to work together, even when away from each other," Drell said. "Cherry and Atticus, you say you're best friends, but you can fight."

"What?!" Patch replied. "Cherry and Atticus would never get in a fight!"

Atticus and Cherry began to get nervous when he mentioned that.

"You guys haven't, right?" Patch asked.

"Yes, why not?" Cherry fidgeted instantly since she had lied.

"Don't make me use the truth spell." Drell said.

"Come on, he doesn't need to know anything important..." Cherry was unable to sit still.

"Why is she moving like that?" Patch asked.

"Cherry always fusses like that whenever she's lying." Atticus said with a knowing tone of voice.

"Aren't you going to try to lie?" Cherry whispered to Atticus.

"I can't..." Atticus whispered as he was an even worse liar than she was.

"Atticus, have you and Cherry fought before?" Mo asked.

Atticus sighed and gave in. "We've had our disagreements."

"Go on." Drell said.

"I don't want to." Cherry moaned in reluctance.

"I was talking to Atticus since he has the Elements of Harmony sword." Drell said.

Atticus sighed. "Yes, Drell."

"Good boy." Drell nodded to him.

"So?" Patch asked.

Atticus sighed, he then decided to stand up in front of the room and he cleared his throat. Drell then sat down and put his feet up on his desk to listen to what the boy had to say.

'Should have known the truth would come out somehow.' Cherry thought to herself.

Atticus then poured out the truth, unable to hold it in any longer. He really was a worse liar than Applejack.

"Whoa." Mo said.

Atticus slowly shut his eyes with a sigh. "Happy?!"

"Yes." Drell smirked as he then made note of this in his papers.

"Why?!" Cherry glared.

"Aw, quit your complaining, will ya?" Drell scoffed.

There was then an alert coming in and Atticus grabbed his laptop which tracked the experiments in Hawaii. "Drell, permission to--"

"Permission granted." Drell allowed him anyway without letting him even finish his request.

"Thanks." Atticus smiled.

Cherry muttered with an eye roll about how Drell let Atticus do whatever he wanted.

Atticus then opened his laptop and smiled nervously. "Cherry...? Remember how funny we said it would be if two experiments activated at the same time."

"Atticus..." Cherry lowly growled.

"Well, apparently two experiment pods have been activated at the same time." Atticus smiled nervously.

"Atticus, I told you not to think out loud like that!" Cherry growled.

"They seem close too, Experiment 501 and Experiment 502." Atticus then looked at his computer to see a female octopus like creature with a reptile like creature with volcano spikes on his back.

"Oh, my..." Mo said.

Drell took a look himself as he adjusted his glasses.

"We'll have to leave now." Atticus said.

"Yes, you will..." Drell replied. "Looks like these two might have a messy fight on the island themselves."

"Maybe two of the girls can keep them as pets." Patch said.

"We'll just have to see..." Drell said. "Lilo's volcano powers will come in soon though, should be another year or two for her."

"Good to know." Darla said.

"Darla?" the others looked over.

"I had a sneaky suspicion that the next experiment would be coming soon, or in this case; experiments." Darla walked over.

"Let's get going." Patch said.

Drell nodded as he then made a portal for them to go into Hawaii. They soon went through the portal. Drell waved as they went off. They soon arrived in Hawaii.