Thirty Four - "You did the right thing."

-Erin-

Tension.

Tension.

Tension.

The stage looks alive with tension.

Calum and Michael look oblivious to everything. Michael looks cheery waving and people and commenting on posters that girls are holding up. Calum looks a little distracted but he is trying hard to not let it show.

I know something happened between Luke and Ashton. Whenever Ashton is not focused on his drum kit his eyes are on the back of Luke, watching his every move like he is about to try and do something. Plus this is the first show Luke hasn't turned around to face Ashton but stays planted in one space, he looks stiff and uncomfortable, compared to the others he looks boring.

I look at Josie who is sitting down her head in her hands.

"Everything okay?" I ask sitting next to her. Girls all around us give us funny looks.

"No." Says Josie bluntly. She looks exhausted.

"What's wrong? Is it Michael?" I ask and she almost laughs.

"No, no he's perfect. I love every second I spend with him and he's seems so much more happy recently." She forced a small smile, her top lip curling slightly.

"I noticed that." I said smiling too.

"I just think this has been too long, I want to go home. I miss my parents and my sister. I miss my dog and my room."

I shuddered. "I hated your dog." I laughed and she starts to laugh too.

"I know, you use to refuse to come to my house." She laughed again. I shook my head.

"But I miss my family too, if you want to go back home, then I will be more than happy to come with you."

Maybe that's what everyone needs.

Time away.

Luke and Ashton can sort out their 'problems' and hopefully forget about me. I can live my life at home pretending none of this ever happened. Because at the moment every second I'm here it feels like I'm a burden who's separating two amazing friends.

"It doesn't have to be forever-"

"Or maybe it should be?" A part of me wants it to be forever, I almost feel like it needs to be forever.

"We could just go home for a week?" She suggested but I shook my head.

"I don't know, I want to go home too though." Thinking about it makes me realise how much I miss everything about my life in Australia.

"What should we do?" She asked quietly. I sighed.

"Try and go home on our own, in a way that won't offend the others. They did invite us to come with them."

"I'll check flights tonight." Josie said quietly.

"Don't tell the boys...yet. We have to work out a perfect way to do it."

--

-Luke-

Ashton sat opposite me, scrolling through Instagram on his phone. He didn't want to be here. I know he has a plan of his own in his mind but I can't let him do it.

"So are we going to start?" I ask and he sighs putting his phone done next to him.

"Do you have any ideas? Any at all?" Ashton asked.

"Of course I have ideas." I lied. Quickly Luke think of something or you'll look like an idiot. "There are five rules that you must obey if you wish to get a ex back."