Fifteen - "I wish I'd never come"

-Erin-

*Jared ;)*

'Sorry about my mate, he was an idiot. No idea why he was acting like that. How's your...friend...?'

*Erin*

'Nah, no need to apologise. Haven't actually spoken to him since the show'

*Jared ;)*

'He was pretty good though, good band'

*Erin*

'Yeah? I'll tell them you said that, they'll appreciate it :)'

*Jared ;)*

'Maybe Luke might like me then'

*Erin*

'Haha, doubt it. Anyway got to run, speak to you later'

*Jared ;)*

'Maybe we can meet up?'

*Erin*

'Sure'

I left my phone on my bed and went down to meet everyone for breakfast.

I was the last person to arrive but there was nobody else having breakfast at the hotel besides us.

"Morning all" I said sitting down next to Ashton and Josie.

Everyone said hi and morning except Luke who sat across the table slurping his cereal. I chose to ignore him.

"What's happening today?" Sophia asked.

"It's our second to last show in London. Then we are travelling up to Scotland" Michael said. "It's going to be very cold"

"And we'll hear a lot of bagpipes" Ashton added.

"I'm looking forward to it. Meet some Scottish girls" Calum winked.

"Yeah the four of us will go out girl hunting" Michael said.

"Ashton won't!" I said.

"Well then Calum and I will just go!" Michael laughed.

"Luke can go too now. Now Hopes gone" I said quietly.

Everyone went silent and looked at Luke. He looked bitterly at me.
"Why are you here?" Luke said sitting up. His eyes were red and he had bags under them. His hair was messy and his cheeks puffy. He hadn't slept. And he was in a bad mood.

"Luke!" Josie shouted.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. "I wasn't trying to be horrible"

"Nothing" He mumbled looking down at his food again hunching his shoulders.

"You girls can come to the show tonight. Seeing as it's almost the last one" Ashton said looking at Luke.

"Definitely" I said. "We'll do something else during the day something in London"

"Yeah the three of us will go and do something" Sophia said.

"Yeah okay I'll work something out" I smiled.

"Sure you don't want to go and hang out with your two new best guy friends. You know the ones from yesterday" I looked at Luke. "You seemed to get along pretty well with them even though they were complete assholes"

"You know what Luke. If you are going to be such a jerk about that then maybe I will go out with them today." I glared at him.

"Fine by me. Seeing as I can't do anything about it" Luke glared back.

"Fine, see you later everyone" I said and stormed out of the room.

God why is he such an idiot?

----

I waited outside the hotel for Jared to come and pick me up. Ashton, Calum and Michael were texting me like crazy trying to convince me not to go.

Luke came outside the hotel doors and stood next to me.

"What do you want?" I said not looking at him.

"Nothing" He mumbled.

"Then why are you here?"

"Waiting for Jennifer" He said calmly.

"Jennifer as in a girl Jennifer?" I said a funny feeling in my stomach arising.

"Yep, met her a few days ago" He said pulling his hair.

"Don't you have rehearsals?"

"She's coming with us" He smiled. "She's really nice, and sweet and pretty"

"Great, good for you" I said quietly.

"Hey Erin" Jared arrived and walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah let's go" I said glancing back at Luke. He looked at me and his smile faded. I turned away and walked with Jared him putting his arm around my shoulders.

"So how is Luke?" Jared asked.

"Protective" I nodded. "He didn't mean any harm"

"That's not what you were texting me yesterday?"

"I know but I shouldn't have said that. I would be nowhere without Luke, I owe him a lot and I feel really bad for how I treated him" I said quietly.

"I think you should be telling him that and not me" Jared smiled. "Would you like there to be something between you and Luke?"

I sighed. "This will put you off me forever but I'm going to tell you about my confusing relationship with my boyfriend and what that has to do with Luke"

"Okay. I've been told I'm a good listener" He grinned. "And I'll be there- as a friend. But first. Let's get a coffee"

---

"I'm telling you she was so into you!" I laughed. Jared and I walked through a small park near my hotel.

"I just can't help it" He winked and I sniggered.

*Ashton*

'Erin where are youuuu? Are you coming tonight :) :)?'

*Erin*

'I'm coming'

*Ashton*

'Great! Also have you seen Luke? We can't find him?'

"Sorry Jared" I said putting my phone away. "I should probably go. I'm going to the concert again tonight and nobody can find Luke"

"It's alright. I'll see you again before you go though?"

"Of course!"

"Okay" He smiled pulling me into a hug. "And good luck with this Ashton-Luke thing. I hope it all works out"

"Thanks" I blushed. "And thanks for listening. It was probably a bit boring for you"

"No no it wasn't. I like how you told me" He smiled. We both stood in silence for a few seconds. "But you should go!" He laughed. Just as he said that a bush nearby rustled a little. "Maybe I should walk you?"

"No don't be silly. I can go on my own" I smiled and started walking in the other direction. I turned back and waved. Once he waved back I looked in the direction I was walking. But somebody else was there.

It was a boy definitely. He was jogging away. That top, it looks familiar. Wait Luke was wearing that this morning. And those jeans, and those shoes.

"Luke?" I shouted out to the boy running away. He stopped suddenly and turned around.

"H-h-hi Erin" He waved awkwardly. "I was just going back to the hotel"

"Same, where have you been all day the boys have been looking for you?"

"R-really? Not very hard obviously" He chuckled.

"What did you do?"

"I was with that girl..er...Emily?"

"I thought her name was Jennifer?" I said confused.

"Oh yeah. Er it's actually Jennifer Emily. She er doesn't like Jennifer" Luke said nodding.

"What were you really doing?"

"Fine I was just in the park"

"You had rehearsals?"

"I know. I told the boys I wouldn't be there" He muttered.

"I didn't see you here. And I was here for a while where were you?"

"Oh you know, just there" he said pointing to a wide open area near where Jared and I were just before.

"Oh okay" I said shrugging.

"By the way what's the er Ashton-Luke thing?" He asked casually.

"What? How do you kno- wait a second...were you near that bush?"

"W-w-what?"

"We're you Luke?"

"N-no?"

"You were spying on me?" I said biting my lip.

"No I wasn't.... Well, not until you came to the park"

"Why?!"

"I don't know. I wanted to make sure this guy didn't do anything to you" He looked down.

"You're invading my privacy."

"I'm not Erin!"

"Yes you are."

"You know, a couple of months ago we would have just joked about this if I had done it. You've changed so much and I know exactly why"

"Go on then, tell me why?"

"It's Ashton. I knew your relationship wasn't right from the start!"

"It would probably be fine if you stopped messing with it"

"I'm not messing with anything. You know what I don't know why I'm wasting my time talking to you"

"Yeah, I don't know why you are either. Nobody asked you to be here"

"You know what Erin?"

"What Luke?"

"I wish I'd never taken you on this trip" He looked down and shook his head.

"Yeah. I wish I'd never come"

--

"Hello my name is Caspar Lee and today I have some very special guests. Please welcome the band 5 Seconds of Summer and their friends!"

That's me that's 'their friends'. Still felt good because I watched Caspar for ages.

"Okay" Caspar smiled turning off the camera. "So it's good you girls are here we have eight people. I was thinking we could do something with blindfolds. Like blind make overs?"

"Yes that's such a good idea!" Josie said.

"I know" Caspar grinned again. "So I put all your names including mine in this hat and then I'll pick out two names and they will be partners"

Caspar turned the camera back on.

"Today we are doing blind makeovers on each other! So in this hat I have eight names. I'm going to pick out two and those two will be together. I'm going to be a girl for today as we only have three. Okay so first pair are Ashton and...it's quite a deep hat...oh look it's me!" He turned the small piece of paper around so the camera could see his name. "Next is Erin and..."

All I was thinking was please don't be Luke.

Please don't be Luke.

Please.

"Lukey!" Caspar said ruffling Luke's hair.

Excellent.

Luke looked over at me, pressing his lips together. When I made eye contact he looked away instantly. This was going to be so awkward.

**sorry I'm on holiday in Turkey so this took longer than I thought it would..this is the first time I've uploaded from my phone and not a computer so praying it works alright...again thank you for everything and I hope you are enjoying the story!
Anabellefreedom**