Twenty Six - "No no, not girly stuff"

-Ashton-

I sat down quietly in my seat, sitting so I was facing away from Erin. Julia was mingling with all of my friends and so it was just me on my own.

"Ashton?" I knew who it was straight away.

"Yes?" I said turning around to face Erin. She smiled and I wanted to smile too, I wanted to speak to her. The last time we spoke was when I told her I didn't think we could be friends.

I didn't really mean that.

"How are you?" She said avoiding eye contact.

"Good thank you, what about you?" I said keeping my voice in one tone.

"Fine." She said a little downhearted lay.

"And how are things with Luke?" I said not even realising I was saying it until the words were out of my mouth.

"He hasn't asked me out yet if that is what you are wondering." She said a little irritated.

"Erin I do want to be friends with you." I said ignoring her response.

"Really?"

"Yes. And I don't see why we shouldn't be. There are no hard feelings from me anymore."

"Neither." She said quickly.

"Good because we were pretty close friends and I would like to go back to how we were before this whole 'jealousy' thing happened."

"Yeah."She said as if she were thinking over everything that happened.

"Are you..." She looked up. "Are you..going to tell Luke about that?"

She stayed aliens for a few minutes before slowly nodding her head. "I have to," She admitted. "If I want whatever we have to last, everyone else knows so somebody could tell him. And it's just the right thing to do."

"Yeah, and he should hear it from you."

"I wish." She started repositioning her hair.

"What?"

"I wish that I had." She stopped again.

"Erin?"

"Don't worry." She shook her head. "It's not important."

I stayed quiet, she was about to get up but I didn't want her to go.

"What did you buy?" I asked pointing at her overfilling bag.

She started grinning. "Well actually I got something for you" She blushed.

"What why?" I asked.

"I guess it's kind of a thank you and kind of an apology, I saw it and I thought of you straight away and I knew I had to get it no matter what state our friendship was in." She said diving deep into her bag and pulling out a cream crew neck jumper. It had black, blue and red patterns on the front and I have to admit it was the kind of thing I would wear.

"Thank you." I smiled taking it from her. It was so soft and it felt delicate. "Should I put it on now?" I asked.

She shrugged smiling. "You can if you want."

I smiled and slipped it over my plain t-shirt. It fit perfectly and I couldn't help but stare down at it. "Thank you so much Erin. I really love it."

"Don't mention it." She was so pleased with herself. "Oh wait," She rummaged around in her purse and pulled out some perfume.

"No no, not girly stuff." I said shaking my hands in front of the bottle.

"It's aftershave." She said spraying it twice on the jumper.

"You carry aftershave in your bag?" I laughed.

"Aftershave, perfume, deodorant." She said casually putting it away.

"But you're not that organised?" I said trying not to sound offensive.

"I know." She grinned. "I just hate smells." She laughed.

"Hey Erin," Luke sat down in his seat next to Erin on the other side. "Sorry about before." He moved a bit of hair out of her face.

"It's fine." She said but I could tell she didn't agree with what she was saying.

"No I know it's not. I shouldn't have done that." He said. "It doesn't matter what anybody else says or thinks or sees us , the only thing that matters is what we think." He said.

"And what are you thinking?" Erin asked her voice like a mouse.

"I'm thinking I want to finish what you tried to start." He grinned and leaned in kissing Erin on the lips, I watched as his hand snaked around into her hair and she wrapped both her hands around his neck pulling him closer and closer. I felt a pang of jealousy.

I know I shouldn't. But I guess that feeling will never go.
Erin is the only person I have ever loved.

-Erin-

Thank god it's not awkward. I'm actually glad were what I would consider friends now.

The only thing I'm annoyed with is that it had to happen now because I can't concentrate on the girls walking down the catwalk in their underwear.

I look at Luke who is concentrating but he turns and looks at me and smiles.

"They have nothing on you." He says leaning towards me and putting his arm around me.
I put my head on his shoulder. For a minute or two we felt like a couple. This is how I want it to be. Then Sophia tapped Luke on the shoulder and glared at him. Luke moved my head off his shoulder and sat right up his hands in his lap.

Why?

Why does Luke listen to Sophia?

--

"Sophia?" I called just as we were leaving. Ashton smiled at me from the door before slipping out of it.

"Yes Erin?" Asks Sophia impatiently.

"What we haven't spoken for a few days and now were not friends?" I say.

"Sorry," She says. "Did you enjoy the show?"

"Yes." I say bluntly. "What is happening between Luke and you?"

"What?"

"You heard what I said."

"Look who's being rude now." She moves her head to one side grinning slightly. "Two can play at that game."

"What? What game are we playing exactly?" I say almost laughing.

"Erin. I just want to go back to the hotel. There is one more show here tomorrow and then we leave Scotland, can't I just enjoy our last proper night here?"

"Nobody's stopping you, I was just asking." I said stepping past her.

"Well next time don't. It's not like Luke is your boyfriend." She said smug. "That's funny Erin."

"What is?"

"You chose Luke over Ashton and yet he still hasn't asked to be with you...does that not concern you?"

"N-no." I lied.

"Well it concerns me and I'm not in your position." She laughed. "Maybe I could talk to Luke and ask him what's...stopping him?"

"Okay, could you that would help. I mean I don't mind but I would like to know if there is something stopping him."

"Sure" She smiled. "I'm sure it is just the standard absentminded, oblivious Luke"

I didn't reply and she walked out of the room leaving me on my own.

"Erin?" I looked up and Ashton was standing by the door he left from.

"Yes?"

"I know what's happening with Luke, you don't want Sophia speaking to him, you want to keep her away from him."

**thank youuu for reading! And thank you for all the comments and likes and all my new followers! I hope everybody had a great Christmas!
Anabellefreedom**