One - "A Proper Loving Relationship"

-Erin-

Today was the day when all of us went to London for the boys to perform as a starter act for One Direction.

-

"Erin what seat number do you have?" Calum asked me as the eight of us filed onto the plane.

"Erm, 12B" I said glancing down at my ticket.

"Great" Calum smiled to himself. I moved over to my seat and found it was situated between Ashton and Luke.
I moved round and sat in the middle and exhaled deeply. I glanced at Ashton who was looking out the window, then at Luke who was mouthing something to Hope who was across the plane. I tried to work out what she was saying to him but to me she just looked like a fish. Suddenly Luke sighed and started to turn to me. I looked away and tried to play it cool.

"Er Erin" He said tapping me on the shoulder. "Would you mind swapping with Hope so we can sit next to each other?" He looked slightly uncomfortable. "You know cos, well, she wants to"

"Sur-"

Ashton placed his hands on mine. "Sorry I don't want her going" Luke pulled a face as Ashton said this. "I don't want her to move away, you see we're in a relationship just as much as you and Hope so I want to sit next to her" He said, it sounded to believable so I just nodded at Luke who sat with pure shock on his face. I wanted to laugh and tell him it was a joke but I knew that would be stupid so I did nothing but tried to keep a serious face.

"You two?" Luke said, I was expecting him to burst out laughing and say 'you're joking right?' But by the seriousness in Ashton and my faces I think he brought it. He turned away for a second but then turned back. "You two" He repeated, pointing and me and Ashton.

"Yep us two, we are in a relationship. A proper loving relationship. Something wrong?" Ashton asked. Luke looked taken aback. I couldn't tell how he was feeling but he wasn't okay that's for sure.

"No but, why didn't you tell me" He glanced at the roof of the plane, then at the floor unsure where to look. "Erin, we're so close, I would have thought you would tell me" He said looking over at me. He looked properly hurt, right then I wanted to tell him it was a trick, a joke, a set up to make him jealous, I couldn't stand to see him like this. I opened my mouth to tell him.

"What, like you told Erin about you and Hope?" Ashton butted in, cutting me off.

"What?"

"Erin was the last person to find out about the two of you. She never said anything because you never realised" He stated, his face not quivering, not showing any sign of breaking, how does he do it?

"I-I-I d-didn't know" Luke stuttered. Aww he's so cute when he stutters.

"It's okay" I said smiling.

"No it's not okay!" Ashton laughed almost as if he were evil. "I would be hurt if it was me, you were hurt weren't you Erin?" Luke looked, I stared straight into his eyes and nodded. I was telling the truth for that one.

"Oh" He said then turned his head away. "I'm sorry" He muttered quietly. "Erin I didn't actually want you to move, Hope just wanted to sit next to me"

"What so you could stick your tongue down each others throats?" Ashton said so quietly I wasn't sure I heard it.

"It's fine!" I said trying to lighten the mood. Something tells me that didn't work though.

Luke did not speak for ages after that. Six hours gone and he still hadn't said a word. He hadn't watched anything on the televisions on the screen. He had basically just sat there, sometimes going on his phone.

Ashton and I on the other hand were doing everything we could to be loud, flirty and funny. We played numerous games against one another on the TV's and we'd hug and high five each other a lot. I could sense Luke's eyes on us every now and then when we'd say an odd comment about the other.

"Erin, did I ever tell you, you have beautiful eyes?" Ashton would say and I would reply with.

"Ash did I ever tell you, you have a beautiful face?" And we'd go on like that. I don't know if you can call how Luke felt jealousy or annoyance. A couple of times I'm sure I saw him sigh and then murmur something to himself. Maybe that's just me?

I got up at about 10 hours gone and went to the bathroom. There was one person in there but otherwise no queue. The plane to London was surprisingly empty.

"Hey Erin" I turned around and saw Hope standing behind me. I smiled and waved at her. I'm not sure why I don't like her so much, she seems nice enough. She's so pretty, with dark hair and blue eyes. I always thought of her as quite controlling and a bit bitchy before.
"So, you and Ashton then?" She smiled.

"How did you-"

"Luke's been texting me" She said showing me her phone chat with Luke.

She didn't hold it there for long but I managed to read a message from Luke.

'Feel a bit left out with these two, never knew they got on so well'

He feels left out? I don't know if that's what we want or if I should do something?

The bathroom door opened and I went inside. I just sat there, I didn't really need the toilet I just convinced myself I did. Now that I think about it, I do like Luke a little more than a friend. I mean a friend wouldn't care so much about one another, would they?

-Luke-

I watched as Erin climbed around me to get to the bathroom. It's so weird that her and Ashton are together. It just doesn't feel right. Something in my mind is saying that it doesn't fit together and that they shouldn't be with one another, but I don't understand what it is or what it could mean?

The two of them have been obsessed with each other. They haven't spoken to me once since we took off they've been too busy with the other one. I really hope it is not always like this because then I will not only be loosing two friends but two best friends.

"You alright Luke?" Ashton asked and I snapped back into reality. I must have been day dreaming.

"I'm fine" I said quickly not looking him in the eye.

"Excited for our tour? I'm sure we'll get a lot of Europe attention seeing as there are a lot of One Direction fans" Why is he trying to talk to me now? Is it because Erin isn't here? Why is he acting like nothing has changed, he's with my best friend and they never told me!

"I guess" I said quietly.

"What song list do you think we should do? And should we try out that new song we've been rehearsing? Also should we do one of our covers so some of the Europe people know some of our songs?"

"I don't know" I said in all honesty. He was saying too much and I couldn't think straight, all I could think of was Erin, and Ashton, Erin and Ashton, Erin, Ashton, that's all that was going on in my head.

Why is it bugging me so much? Why do I feel like I need to break it up?

I feel like I should say something?

But I don't want to ruin their relationship.

"Can we just talk about it at the half point" I muttered out because I had left my sentence hanging. Ashton nodded and as Erin came back he whispered something to her whilst nodding, then they high fived each other.

I wish I was in on that little joke. I feel like I'm drifting away on my own, being isolated.

Argghh, I just wish they weren't going out.

Maybe...no wait...

I have a plan that could break them up, I just need somebody to help me.

"I'm so excited to meet One Direction" I heard Josie in the row in front say, she started laughing after but that one sentence was all I needed.

I would use One Direction to help me break Ashton and Erin up.