Ten - "That was for you Erin"

-Erin-  

"Put the subtitles on" Josie said. At the moment the eight of us were scattered across the room all staring at the tv.   

"No!" Calum, Michael and Sophia all shouted.   

"No put them on" Luke and I both said together. I turned around and looked at him on the sofa. He smiled as I looked away awkwardly.   

Ever since that kiss he's been on a high, and not just with me, generally. I mean at least I think it was since then, that's when I started to notice it. But that's weird because it meant nothing, to him at least, didn't it. Or if it meant something to him maybe that means he does like me.   

I'm just confusing myself.   

"Who wants snacks?" Luke asked getting up. Nobody stirred. Calum and Michael exchanged awkward glances.   

"Well, what about if I make some, does anybody want them then?"   

"Yeah okay I'll have some" Michael nodded.   

"Sure me too" Calum agreed. The girls nodded trying not to look at Luke.   

"I'll help you then" Luke said quietly.   

We walked out in silence. I quickly glanced at Luke and I could see the hurt on his face. Do I say something? Should I leave it?! Why is it down to me?   

"Sorry about...how..they..er..treated you?" I said it more like a question then a statement. 

  "I guess" He muttered, at least that's what I think he said. I just looked away and started pouring crisps into a bowl and getting cups out. As I pulled the glass cups from the cupboard out Luke pushed me against the counter making me drop a cup. I closed my eyes as it smashed on the floor.   

"Shit, Luke?" I stared at him, he was watching me, he looked so concentrated he might as well have been in another place. I ducked down away from him and started picking up the large pieces of glass.  

"Everything okay?" I heard Calum shout from the other room.   

"Yeah we're fine" I said putting the glass into a carrier bag. "What were you thinking?" I hissed at Luke when he came down to the floor to help me.   

"I'm sorry" He said.   

"Why did you do it? It kind of hurt" I shouted but as a whisper.   

"I just really..." He trailed off and looked down at the floor.    

"Really what?" I demanded.  

"Really wanted.."   

"Luke?!"   

"I really wanted to kiss you" Before the words even registered in my head he pushed his lips against my own. His hands took the bag of glass away from me and he moved closer deepening the kiss. His hand snaked around my neck trying to pull me even closer if it was possible.   

He pulled away and smiled. I looked at him with no expression. Which was pretty hard as my insides were exploding. It was like a feeling I had never felt before.   

"At least we weren't interrupted that time" Luke grinned and moved his head in for another kiss.   

"No" I said pushing his head away.   

"W-why not?" He shuffled back.   

"Well not now" I said although I wish I hadn't.   

"Later?" He asked.   

"No"   

"I don't understand?"   

"Not until you make up with the boys" I said. He laughed as if I were joking but when he looked back at me and saw my face was serious he stopped.   

"Really?" He asked and I nodded. "Fine, I was going to anyway but this just makes me want to do it sooner"  

I scoffed and we both stood up.   

"Luke what about Hope?" I asked carefully pouring the drinks for everybody.   

"Well I could ask you the same thing but with Ashton" He said.   

"Point taken"   

"I also heard this thing about her, Hope, it doesn't matter what it is, I didn't believe it at the time but now, I get the feeling it may be true. I don't think Hope is the one for me" He shrugged. I didn't say anything I just nodded. I had nothing to say about Ashton and I knew if I spent to much longer there I would tell him that Ashton and I were actually a plan.   

I rushed out of there holding the food and drinks on a tray.   

"Finally! What took you so long?" Michael asked as we walking in together.   

"Oh sorry, I dropped a cup from the shelf" I said glancing over at Luke. He smiled and winked at me.    I smiled back trying not to show the butterflies that were doing flips in my stomach. 

  --  

By the end of the movie Sophia and Hope had left and Josie was fast asleep. The movie was pretty boring so I was drifting into sleep but I was still awake.   

I heard somebody get up and start walking to the door.   

"Wait Calum" I could hear Luke asking him. "I want to talk to you three" He said and I could hear his voice shaking a little.   

None of them said anything for a few seconds so Luke continued.   

"I've been a jerk recently, and I've done some actions that are inexcusable and I really regret them" He paused. "And I know you are angry with me which is totally okay and if I were in your place I would be angry too. But we've been friends for so long and I just hope that this doesn't ruin that because what I did wasn't intentionally meant to hurt anybody" I smiled when he said this. 

"I understand if you don't want to forgive me at all, or if you are maybe will I understand if you don't want to now"    Nobody responded.   

"Not that it means anything now but I really am sorry" Luke said quietly. 

  A few moments passed.   

"Okay bro!" Ashton said happily. "It's alright, I'm just glad you apologised"   

"Thank you and I'm sorry" Luke said.   

"It's fine you can stop saying sorry now" Ashton laughed. 

  "Come on hug it out" Michael said.   

"Group hug?" Luke asked and they all agreed. 

  I wanted to open my eyes and look at them but then they'd know I had been listening so I stayed still and listened to the sounds of them moving together then apart. 

  I wasn't sure what happened after that but I heard the door gently shut a few minutes later. I kept my eyes shut for a bit longer just in case.   

Somebodies hand came down and moved some of the hair out of my face. Then I felt a pair of soft lips kiss my forehead. I tried my hardest not to move.   

"That was for you Erin" Luke whispered, he then turned and left the room.     

**Sorrryyyyy short and late and not that great (that rhymes) thanks for all the votes and comments!!!**