Nine - "I agree"

-Erin- 

I feel like a spy. 

Luke was slipping around the corridors backstage quicker than anybody I've ever seen. I had to stay light on my feet trying to be as quiet as possible so he wouldn't hear me. Which was quite hard as I literally had to run. 

I saw him duck behind another wall so I continued after him. When I reached where he had turned the corridor was empty. 

"Damn it" I whispered and turned back around trying to recall which way I had come in my mind. 

"Well what about your girlfriend?" I heard muffled voices from behind a door. There was no mistaking it, the boy who had asked the question was Niall. 

"She's watching, the only girl backstage is Erin" My heart leapt at the sound of my name. Luke's in there! 

"That's fine then!" Niall said as I edged a little closer to the door. "Luke I have to go on in a minute" 

"It's not fine, I can't be in the room with them" I could hear Luke sighing. 

"Luke, this is hard, I know, but these are your friends, they will forgive you. Maybe not on the first day, but you have to at least try with them, okay?" Niall said. "Now I really have to go" I heard quick footsteps coming towards the door I was pressed up against. No, not again! 

I quickly moved and pushed myself into a dip in the wall. Niall burst out of the room and luckily walked in the opposite direction to me. 

I breathed a sigh of relief, it didn't last for long though. Luke stood in the door frame staring at me. 

"I er..was just..going for a walk" I shrugged and started walking away from Luke.

"Wait!" He called after me. "I have to talk to you" I looked back and he was looking directly at me. He looked stressed. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes not knowing where to look and his hands couldn't stay still, his fingers kept locking and unlocking. 

"Yes?" I said stepping right up to him. 

He swallowed hard then looked straight at me. "I don't know if you have already heard. I hope you haven't because I would rather you hear it from me" He said nodding while he spoke. "I'm just going to say it. I asked Harry to flirt with you so you would fall in love with him and then you and Ashton would break up. I'm sorry" 

I just stood still for a moment just replaying what he said in my mind. 

I didn't care. It's not like Ashton and I are really dating and yes if we were it would be bad but seeing as we're not it doesn't really matter to me. Is that bad? I guess this jealousy thing is working, otherwise he wouldn't care if we were together, right? 

"I'm sorry" He whispered again. 

"It's fine" I said smiling a little. He didn't look convinced so I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. 

"Are you serious?" He asked almost laughing. 

"Yeah" I shrugged. "I just hate to see you like this" I smiled again. 

"Thank you, I guess it.. I don't know..but..I think I did it because.." He stopped talking. 

"Yes?" 

Luke stayed still for a moment then he bent down and pressed his lips against my own. Little sparks flew around inside my body, my knees went weak and my eyelids fluttered shut. I don't even think it lasted a second but I can't help but think it would have lasted longer if we hadn't been interrupted.

Both of us heard a little cough. Luke stood up straight and we both turned to see Harry standing there a look of confusion on his face. I opened my mouth but he started to smirk, then he sauntered past us and went off in the same direction that Niall did. 

I looked at Luke, he was looking straight at me. We both started to laugh simultaneously. He pulled me in for another hug. 

"I don't think we should tell anybody about that" I whispered. 

"I agree" 

-- 

-Luke- 

Surprisingly that was an amazing nights sleep. I thought I'd be up all night thinking about that kiss. About Erin. But I was gone in a minute and I woke up feeling excited, my stomach was bubbling and my chest felt fluttery. 

"Good morning" I said cheerily walking into the kitchen grabbing a piece of bread to make the standard 5SOS toast. 

"Someone's cheery" Josie said shovelling spoonfuls of Cheerios into her mouth.

"Well better than yesterday" I smiled. 

Sophia walked in followed by Ashton. 

"Alright Josie, Sophia?" He asked sitting down. "Luke" He nodded at me. My smile faded, I actually hoped that over night it would have blown over. 

"Good morning everyone!" Erin came in smiling unconsciously. My heart beat quickened when I saw her. 

"Hello!" Ashton called for her to come over. He wrapped his arm around her neck offering her a bite of his toast. "You're in a good mood" 

Erin nodded eagerly. "Don't know why" She shrugged. "I thought I would sleep badly but it was one of the best nights sleep I've had! Then I woke up like a new person!" 

That's odd. That's exactly how I feel. 

I could see Josie watching me then glancing at Erin. I just hoped she couldn't make the connection between us. 

"That's good because we have a nice free empty day today!" Ashton said. 

"No show tonight?" She asked. 

"Nope" Ashton grinned. She smiled back and looked over at me. 

"You alright there Luke?" She asked me which made me realise that I had been staring at the two of them. She looked down shyly blushing a lot. 

"Yeah! I'm going to go take a shower" I said quickly walking out of the kitchen. I sighed when I left the room. 

"Luke" I turned around. Josie was standing behind me her hand on her hip. 

"Josie" I chucked. "Something wrong?" 

"You know it's odd that your very upbeat today, but what's even odder is that so is Erin and from what I heard you and her disappeared after you performed yesterday" She raised her eyebrow as she spoke. 

"O-oh really. That is odd because Erin and I didn't see each other after the show. Not once I don't know where she might of been, me on the other hand, I..I..I went for a walk outside, you know with the tension with the boys I felt like I needed to get away, yeah. I guess" I spoke quickly and slurred my sentences together so it sounded more real. "I really need a shower" I said pretending to sniff my armpit. 

"Okay Luke, but um, have you thought about sitting down and having a serious conversation with the boys, they're your best friends I'm sure they will find it in their hearts to forgive you if you talk to them. Today might be good" She smiled then walked away not waiting for a reply. 

I nodded even though she wasn't there any more. 

I had to talk to them. 

Today.