Nineteen- "Luke's no better than you"

-Erin-

Josie, Ashton and I were waiting for the others to arrive so we could go to the arena for the boys first sound check in Scotland.

"I love when it's cold" Josie said.

"Why?" Ashton said grumpily. Josie quickly glanced at me and I shrugged.

"I like wearing warm clothes and hats and scarfs. But I'm not so keen on the rain" She smiled.

"Great" Ashton said sarcastically. I glared at him.

"Yeah if like that too, I love scarfs" I agreed. "Where are the others?" I asked looking around.

"I think Luke and Sophia went to make a coffee and Michael and Calum are right here" She smiled as they walked towards us.

"Morning girls, Ashton" Michael grinned.

"Hi Michael" I said. Ashton just scoffed and mumbled something under his breath.

I pulled Ashton's sleeve and took him away from Josie and Michael.

"Ashton. I don't care what is wrong with you but whatever it is you need to stop taking it out on your friends. Take it out on me fine I guarantee it's about me anyway but you don't need to be horrible to them. Okay?" I said harshly. Ashton looked straight at me.

Luke and Sophia bumped into us. Luke looked worried for some reason.

"Okay Erin" Ashton said suddenly and put his arm around my waist. "I'll talk about it later" He whispered into my ear.

"Sophia is that new?" Josie asked when we all reached them.

"What?" Sophia asked blushing.

"Your lipstick?" I looked at her lips. They were quite red but it didn't look like lipstick to me, it looked like her lips were just red...?

"Oh...er...yeah..do you like it?" She smiled and Josie nodded. I glanced at Luke, he looked really tense. He glanced nervously at Sophia and then at me.

"Should we go?" Calum said pointing towards the door.

"Sure" I said. "Can't wait to see a Scottish arena"

--

We arrived at the arena at 11:03. The one direction boys hadn't made it there yet. Luke climbed onto the stage and opened his arms out wide.

"Hellllloooo Scotland!" He shouted to the empty room.

"Boooo" I shouted back and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Come on" He smiled offering me his hand.

"It's okay, the stage if for you"

"No it's okay, just come and see what it looks like" He grabbed my hand and pulled me up onto the stage. I gasped. Although it was empty the room looked huge. Rows and rows of seats and a second layer. There were chairs everywhere and I could imagine it filled with eyes
"And this isn't even the biggest arena" Luke grinned.

"You're not the 14 year old boy singing in your bedroom anymore" I said to him.

"Those were the days" Luke laughed.

"You had great hair then" I said pulling my pony tail so it was flat over my forehead.

"Hey I only got rid of that hairstyle a couple of weeks ago!"

"And you looked just as dashing as you do now" I said laughing.

Luke laughed too."Just wait until we go to America, then you can say that to me" He said. "About the singing in my bedroom"

"I can't wait" I saw Ashton walk into the room smiling. I smiled too and waved to him. "Ashton come up here!" I shouted at him. Luke waved and his smile disappeared.

"No" He said dully and went back in the direction he came.

"Don't worry, he'll see it later" Luke said. "Come on I want to show you something else"

--

-Ashton-

I left the arena room. Why are they always together?

I want to know what happened that evening when they went for a walk together in the rain?

I want to know what happened between Luke and Sophia this morning because I know something happened.

I want to be with Erin but I know she wants to be with Luke.

Why is everything so hard right now?

I walked into the room backstage and saw Josie sitting alone on a beanbag.

"Hey Jelly" I said to her as I walked in.

"You haven't called me that since year 9!" She said.

"I know! But I like calling you that" I smiled. "Also I'm sorry I was a bit of a jerk this morning to you"

"It's okay" She smiled sweetly. "I think I know why"

"Well if you do you are one amazing person" I said sitting down next to her.

"Shall I go?"

"Try me"

"Okay, at first you did this whole 'Erin and Ashton' thing to actually make Luke jealous. Then without realising you started to have feelings for Erin. Then she started to feel them too and you believed there was something there. But all of a sudden she is very very very close with Luke again and you feel like she would never choose you over him"

I nodded slowly. "Even if we were actually dating she will still go for him"

"It may not end up like that. That's just how it is at the moment"

"Yeah" I said dazing. "What is it about Luke that makes him so irresistible? How are we so different? Is it something I can change?"

"No Ashton you're perfect. You shouldn't change a thing for anybody" Josie said putting her hand on my shoulder. "You really care about her though"

"To a point where my heart hurts" I said quietly.

"Do you..erm...you know?"

"Love her?"

"Yeah" Josie nodded.

"There is no doubt that I am totally, completely in love with Erin Thomas"

"I'm sorry Ashton" She said sadly.

"It's not your fault!" It's not like Josie made me fall in love with her.

"Remember that you have one thing over him"

"What?"

"Bro code! Dating a best friends ex? I'd like to see him get away with that!" She giggled.

"Yeah" I said lifelessly. She was right but I knew in the end, Luke would always get what he wanted.

"If it makes you feel better I have a little problem of my own"

"Really? What?!"

"I may, possibly, slightly, have a crush on Michael" She said quickly. "But you can't tell anybody"

"Aawwwwhhhhh Jossssiiiieeeee!!! Jelly jelly Josie!!! You haven't liked anybody since year 7!" I said laughing. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Yeah. But Michael doesn't see it"

"Really? A pretty girl like you?"

"We're too friendly, he sees past everything, and I look on twitter and see pictures of him with pretty fans and I get jealous, is that weird?" She sighed.

"No no not at all!"

"I just hope my feelings go before I say something stupid and lose the best friendship I've ever had" She looked away from me.

"You won't. And if it ever does go bad, you have me"

"Thanks Ash" She smiled. Calum ran into the room and came straight over to us.

"I just heard a load full of shit" He said quietly checking behind him.

"Sophia, was crying" He started.

"What why?" Josie said.

"I overheard her talking to Michael. She kissed Luke this morning"

"What?" I said quietly.

"You can't tell anybody. Especially Erin"

"Why would she do that? Why would Luke let her?"

"He didn't. Luke pushed her away but she feels awful"

"That's why her lips were a bit red she always gets that when she kisses people" Josie said.

"This is bad. If Erin finds out-"

"Why is it so bad if Erin finds out?" I asked.

"If could ruin their friendship, they haven't gotten on this well since before Hope" Calum said. "Ashton I know as her boyfriend you want to tell her but you really shouldn't say anything okay? You could hurt Erin"

"Okay" I said nodding.

"Sorry I had to tell you, Ashton we have to go speak to the one direction boys in like five minutes. I'll see you there okay. Bye Josie" Calum said smiling warily before leaving the room.

"I can't believe it" I said.

"Ashton don't tell Erin. This is something that should be left unknown" Josie said.

"I hope Luke tells her. He's a bad person if he doesn't"

"It's not like they're dating"

"I would want her to tell me!" I said standing up.

"This is a different situation. You have to leave it Ashton"

"Okay" I muttered. I wasn't going to leave it. "I'll see you later" I smiled weakly.

"Yep, see you in a bit" She said. "And Ashton" She called.

I turned around. "Yeah?"

"Luke's no better than you. Remember that"

"Thanks"

**sorry this chapter is not that great! A little dramatic though..... Anyway! I'm so excited that 5sos are in London!!!! I'm going to their show at koko on Wednesday 27th! So if any of you are going look out for me! thanks for reading, voting and commenting I love you all!
Anabellefreedom**