Chapter 18

"So how's things?" Miranda coyly asks.

"I think he's trying to knock me up."

She nearly chokes on her coffee; she thumps at her chest as the people in the coffee house watch on in shock.

"Are you?"

I shake my head with a little smirk.

"His timing was rather off."

She giggles. "His birthday is coming up; we should do something."

"Like what?"

"Well, seeing as you are not pregnant, maybe a huge piss up?"

"Sounds good. Can you help me organise it? I don't know any of his friends and he is always within earshot, so I don't know if I will actually be able to organise something without him knowing."

I look out the window of the coffee shop, Gerald waits by the car, taking over the duties of the driver so that he can make sure I am safe.

"I would love to help you."

She pulls out a rather thick note book.

"We have about a month." she says as she starts to write things down. She gasps and stops writing.

"I know where we can have it too." she looks at her watch. "Did you want to go and see it today?"

"Sure, if we have time."

We walk around the rather vast converted warehouse. It is stylishly renovated, made to be a house and is vacant at the moment. The polished concrete floor glistens with little rocks embedded into it. To the right hand side is a sleek industrial looking kitchen. It would be perfect for a bar with its long bench.

"I will organise furniture, maybe a DJ?"

"Yeah sounds good."

She takes me up to the mezzanine level, consisting of several bedrooms and bathrooms. The view over the floor below makes it look so much larger.

"Do you own this place?"

She nods.

"A rental property that is rather luckily empty."

I look through the rooms, rather spacious, the light shines through the large windows.

"So what else?"

"Beds as part of the furniture might be a good idea if we are going to stay here the night."

She nods, writing it down on her note pad.

"Alcohol and humans."

"Have you noticed a pattern of his choices?" Her grin is rather wicked.

"Yeah, busty and blonde." I grunt my words.

She raises an eyebrow at me and I realise that she is busty and blonde. Shit.

"Any female between twenty and forty." I try to back pedal.

"What about you?"

Thank Christ, she is avoiding my stupid statement.

"We feed together, so whatever he likes is fine."

She rolls her eyes with a cheeky grin.

"I might get some nice young men anyway."

We languidly wander through the shops, Gerald two steps behind us. My permanent reminder of the danger that my future holds.