Chapter 25

The werewolf realm is beautiful, when Alex said that it was less civilized I thought that he meant that there were less people, but he meant that it is closer to nature than what we are. Our realm is the eldest and therefore the humans have been around for longer, they are more advanced in their technology, the urban sprawl. The werewolf realm is a verdant playground, the buildings are all castle and Tudor style houses, there are no skyscrapers, no cars, no pollution. It is our realm a few hundred years before except the werewolves have brought in a few useful technologies from our realm.

"When you want to travel between the realms, hold your hand out like this." he holds his hand out flat like he did before. "Think about a key."

I do what he says and a red fire appears in my hand, dying down to a key. It is a beautiful key, old and ornate, at the end is a 'v'.

"The v is for vampire." he says as he makes a key in his own hand, at its end is a 'w'.

Finn takes the key from my hand, flicking it back and forth in his fingers and then like magic, they disappear in his hands.

"To make the door, all you need is a rock face. You need to think about which realm you want, now that there is more than the two. You will be able to return to your realm at any rock face but it will always bring you out at the entry that you entered the realm."

We walk around the edge of the tiny town that borders near the entry point, through a forest, the path clearly set out with little wood chips. The canopy lets the light filter through creating a magical feeling. Finn holds my hand with a big grin.

"I didn't think you would."

I shrug, not really knowing why I stepped into this realm. Liar. You know exactly why you came here.

"I would take you to my castle, except I am guessing that once Alex and Miranda cannot find you they will come looking for you here."

He stops on the path.

"Of course, we can go to the castle if you like, but I have another place, somewhere that no one knows about."

"Ok, the other place."

He grins, taking both of my hands, stepping backwards off the path and into the scrub. It seems like we are walking for an eternity but it is only ten minutes. We reach a little river; Finn removes his shoes. I quickly do the same as we step into the river and walk down the middle of it.

"Why?"

"Throw off the scent. You're in a realm of werewolves remember, when they come looking for you, you will need to be well hidden."

The river ends at a lake, much like the one near the manor house. Secluded and tranquil.

"You can swim right?"

"Yeah, doggie paddle."

"Ooh, low blow." he says with a grin.

On the other side of the lake is a tiny entrance in the rock face, barely visible to the eye. He takes my hand and pulls me through to an area that looks out over the land. In the corner, tucked away is some bedding with blankets. I look out at the land, the trees below us are thick in volume, in the distance I see a castle nestled into the base of the mountain. The sun sets behind it, a pinkie orange hue shines out over the land.

"That's my place."

"It's beautiful."

He starts to remove my wet clothes from me, wringing out the water and placing them over the rocks beside us.