Chapter 12

I wake in the morning, on my completely naked body is the cat. His head in between my breasts, his arms either side, hanging over my ribs. He is still asleep, there is a happy smile on his face.

"You know Tsar, when I fell asleep last night, I was fully dressed. Do you think that you might want to explain what happened to my clothes?"

His eyes open, those pretty green eyes stare at me. He rubs the top of his head against my breast and rolls onto his back, his legs in the air.

"How can I be mad at you when you are so adorable?"

I sigh.

"Ok cat, I have to work today, so how about you skedaddle?"

He jumps off me and waits by the window. I quickly find my clothes and put them back on.

"Bye Tsar, have fun with your floozies."

I watch him walk up the path and turn the corner, then someone knocks on my door.

"Hey."

Alex walks in and closes the door. He follows me as I wander over to the robe and pull out some clothes. His eyes are green, emerald green.

"What's wrong with your eyes?"

He blinks and then they are grey. I step back hitting the draws behind me, the clothes dropping to the floor.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"Your eyes, they changed colour."

I look at him as he shrugs, trying to avoid my question. He steps out of the doorway and out of sight. I follow him, finding he has left the room. I almost stand on a lizard and I realise it looks like the same lizard that ran into Alex's room, I gasp, stepping backwards hitting the draws again. I sink to the ground as I watch the lizard walk to me.

"Alex?"

In front of my eyes the lizard turns into Tsar.

"What are you?" I whisper as the tears begin to flow.

He meows at me, purring as he rubs against my legs. I begin to freak out, scrabbling to get away from him.

"What are you?" I scream at him.

The cat takes his human form, kneeling at my feet.

"Half shape shifter."

"And the other half?"

"Vampire." he whispers, hanging his head low.

Then it hits me, the scratches, the lumps I thought were mosquito bites.

"Have you been feeding on me?"

He nods as my tears beckon for release.

"Did you kill Jake and Dax?"

He nods again.

"Oh my god." I whimper, tears finally finding their path down my cheeks.

His body shimmers a pale grey.

"What are you doing?"

And then he disappears. I sink myself as far into the corner of the robe as I can get, freaked out. He reappears, this time as a wolf. He lets out a whine and leaves the robe. I rush to the door and see him jumping out the window. As I run to the window, I hear a howl. I look around the land but cannot see him. This is why he didn't want to tell you, he knew you would freak out, and guess what? You did just what he expected.