Chapter 22

"It turns out she knew I was pregnant. Figure that one out." she scoffs.

She sits on the bed propped up by pillows, fresh sheets on the bed. There is no sign that anything bad happened in this room, no blood, no Melody. Miranda looks beautiful, her long blonde hair curling into tight ringlets, her clothes have been changed to a loose cotton shirt and baggy pants. She looks radiant.

"What did you do with her?"

"Godfrey took her."

"Who helped her break the bonds?" I query.

"No one. She did it herself."

"And Godfrey losing track of her scent?"

"In this murky world, losing track of any scent is a real problem."

"Did you know what I was?" I rub my mark.

"I did." she smiles softly at me.

"There is much that I know about you, but like everything, information has a time and place to be revealed."

"You almost died."

"I was never in danger, Godfrey was here watching over you, me, Finn."

I look down at the bed a little despondent.

"Terrance darling, I feel like a drink, could you get something for Steph and I please?"

He nods and departs the room.

"What's wrong?"

"Alex was cheating on me when it was happening, I tried to call for him but he ignored us." I wipe away the tears. "And bloody Finn is still pursing me."

I didn't want to tell her everything, I didn't know how deep her allegiance was to Alex. She giggles, I look at her a little perplexed.

"Sorry, I was laughing at Finn chasing you, not at Alex cheating." she tries to compose herself. "Never saw you as a furry fucker."

"A what?"

"A furry fucker is someone that likes to have sex with werewolves but is not one themselves."

"So what would Finn be for chasing me?" I grin, curious to this new information.

"A bat banger."

"But we don't turn into bats."

"I didn't make the names up." She shrugs.

"What about shape shifters? Humans?"

"Shuckers as in shifter fuckers and for humans its ape licker."

I laugh, they were certainly interesting names.

"Oh, that's good. I think I needed that laugh."

"Finn is quite a catch but he is not the one for you. You will know the one that you will be with for eternity. His name will come to you without a second thought."

Alex... my mind sings to me.

"The one that comes to my mind, is the one that is betrothed to another, that is a cheater. What would make me want to choose him over someone that is had already devoted himself to me, without even knowing me intimately."

Ok, so not exactly the truth, but I'm not going to tell her about the night of the meeting.

"Maybe you should analyse that a little deeper Steph. I know that for some in this world sex is not the be all and end all, but for werewolves it is. For him to devote himself to you without having sex with you is questionable."