Chapter 26

All week I have been restricted to the house, a prisoner. Alex was never more than two steps away, the one meter as I had dictated to him, but always in my presence. I wish that I could tell him to piss off, but he is my boss and technically has every reason to be near me. I had told Alex that I was quitting the job and he told me that I shouldn't be so rash in my choices and to wait until after Christmas, to let things settle down. Miranda and Terrance had spoken to the king and queen after I had returned from the other realm, about what I do not know, but whatever was said, it changed things around the manor house. There was a certain level of tension that I had never felt before. I knew that the plans were being made for the trip to Santrina for Christmas, and I had hoped that Alex would let me stay behind but of course he would not allow it. He was determined to find his way back to me. I also knew that things were beginning to mobilise regarding the girl. We were flying out tomorrow. She had been found.

My room was my only place of solitude, that I could truly be alone with my thoughts. Of course, I didn't have Finn in my mind, so he was obviously not in this realm, I fear what his father may have done to him. The rain pelts against the window, I sit on the bench seat, trapped in my sorrow. All I want is to be free, but for some unknown reason I am being held here. My computer is gone; my phone is gone. When I think about leaving the windows suddenly lock. I am trapped in this place and they won't tell me why, it's like I have broken some unknown rule. What does it matter? Alex has this girl, he is going to marry her, why can't they just leave me to be free with my own choices?

Tsar scares me as he meows at me, rubbing himself against the window frame, completely sodden from the rain. I sigh as I realise that if I let him in, I am letting Alex in. I try the handle and surprisingly it opens the window. Tsar walks in and instantly the window snaps shut. I try the handle again and it won't budge. I get up from the bench seat and walk into the bathroom collecting a towel to dry the idiot cat.

He meows at me again as I begin to dry him as he sits on the bench seat, enjoying the attention.

"Why are you trapping me here like this?"

The cat just looks at me, purring.

"Just so you know, it is Tsar that I allowed into this room, no one else."

I crawl under the sheets, feeling drained, so hungry, but much not in the mood to search for food.

When I wake in the morning, I was expecting my little furry pervert to be asleep on my chest, but he is not there, instead in his place is Alex. His head heavy on my chest, his arm wrapped in tight around me, his legs entwined in mine.

"Every night I have prayed that my father wouldn't find her." he whispers.

"Why would you do that Alex?"

"Because if she isn't found I can marry whoever I want."

My heart skips a beat, actually I think it skips several beats. As he finds his way into my embrace, I realise that in a few days' time, my life is going to the shit. As sad as it is, after everything that has happened, I love Alex much. He will be marrying her in a few days' time, I will have to sit and watch the man I love marry another woman.

"You know, if you had just kept it in your pants none of this would have happened."

"I know, I'm sorry."

He nuzzles into my neck, I can smell his blood, it ignites my lust for him.

"I don't want to fly out today, I don't want to marry her, I don't want her."

I stare out the tiny window of the jet, waiting for everyone to board. I am still worried about Finn, no one will tell me what has happened. The queen has stayed behind to bring the girl in at a later date, I think that they are worried about the uncle. The king and Penny walk in and sit down a few seats ahead of me. I hear the sweet sound of a bird singing, Alex walks in holding a small gold cage with the most beautiful bird I have ever seen. The feathers are a turquoise blue, iridescent, shimmering in the lights. It is a little bird, almost like a finch in size.

"May I?"

"Of course."

He sits down, putting the bird at his feet. He seems in a better mood than this morning, this morning he was upset. I had wondered if I would see the wolf again but he has obviously learned to restrain himself, maybe he has finally learned control over his emotions.

"What kind of bird is that?"

"It is a Santrina song bird. The countries state animal." he sighs. "And a wedding gift."

He hangs his head low as he looks at the bird in the cage. The doors to the jet are shut, the pilots voice crackles over the speaker. I quickly do up the buckle, watching Alex fiddle with his. The plane starts to taxi and lifts into the air. I turn in my seat to look at him, taking his hand. He links his fingers in between mine, putting his head back on the seat, waiting for the plane to finish lifting into the air.

"I am really, really sorry."

He runs his fingers down my cheek to my chin, kissing me softly.

During the flight I read one of the many books that Alex has been reading, trying to learn about the girl's kingdom. After all, he will be king of it if the wedding goes ahead and I will be a personal assistant to a king, he may love me still, he may not. The girl may be so beautiful that in comparison I am nothing. He may not want me anymore and cast me aside as I fear he will do. She may refuse to marry him if I am still employed. Then what will I do? Tell Finn that I am sorry for what happened, would he will still want me? Will they let me be with him? Is he ok? Would I be allowed to go home to my parents and hope that I don't drain them in their sleep? I feel so lost.