Chapter 10

The flight to the city of Ashbly is long. I had never heard of the place, even though I got straight A's in geography, this place was an unknown. Much like Santrina. Although the woman in the travel agent didn't bat an eyelid when I asked for the tickets. But... my mind offered a niggling thought You were told to go to this particular travel agent and nowhere else. It seemed normal. I thought it was normal but there were those little things that you just can't pass even though you want to. We didn't go to the normal airport, one little terminal hidden on the other side of town. I had never heard of it but that wasn't unusual, I had never been out of the country so what did I know of airports? Apparently Ashbly was at the top of the country and the only bonus of having to fly there is that I got to do so in first class.

I had also never seen nor heard of this particular airport that we were flying into. It was a little airport, tucked away in an industrial section of the town. The terminal was bland and rather small, all domestic flights, nothing international. We walk through the terminal, a man waited in the long line of people, he held up a little sign that says Leonte. I would have been happy to get a cab but apparently royalty don't do cabs. An icy wind blasts past us as we step out of the terminal to the waiting limousine. It is times like these that I wish I was allowed to wear pants, so unfair, my legs are freezing cold. The driver opens the door for me and I gladly get into the warm vehicle. Alex slides in beside me, still having said little to me. I long to hide in my room, to avoid his sulk and my anger. I would much prefer to slink away than have to deal with this.

It is a long and painfully quiet drive into the city. I stare out the window, watching the people trying to avoid the cold wind. They pull their jackets in tight against their bodies, trying to find warmth in the garments they wear. The glass and concrete towers above them, many large buildings line the streets, creating a dark and cold path for these people. There is no snow here, no ice, just a cold, howling wind. The limo pulls up beside a brown brick high rise building, the driver rushes around to open the door for us. He retrieves our bags from the boot, passing them to us and I follow Alex into the building.

As Alex shows me around the tiny apartment, I am to say the least, shocked. Compared to the grandeur of the manor house this is tiny. It is stylish and modern, stainless steel kitchen with stone bench tops and a lounge room with an enticing plush lounge suite in front of a large fire place. But the real shocker was the bedroom. There is only one. No hiding places here. Large glass windows overlook the city; the bed faces directly out to the view. I hear his bag hit the ground and in seconds I feel his cool breath on my neck as he removes my bag from my grip. His fingers softly touch my neck as he pulls my jacket from my body. The coldness of the room sends a shiver through me. I hear him pressing buttons, I turn and see him standing at a panel by the door, the air conditioning goes on, blowing a warm gust through the room. The room darkens as a panel crosses in front of the glass, then little lights go on, barely lighting the room.

I watch him as he removes his jacket and shirt, leaving him in jeans and a singlet. God damn that is just so... Hot. I want to be angry at him, at his lies, at the possibility that he or his friends have had something to do with Jake and Dax's death, but he is just so irresistible. I betray my feelings and emotions and give into the glorious sight of this man. He stands in front of me, undoing the buttons of my cotton shirt, one button at a time, going so slow. After he removes the shirt from my body, I start to remove my bra, but he stops me, still saying nothing. Moving behind me, he undoes the zip to my skirt, letting it fall to the ground, he moves back in front of me again. I kick the skirt away, standing there in my underwear, stockings and stilettos. He grins as he looks at me, pulling me against his body.

"You have one fine body Miss Collins."

It feels like I have slept for hours, the jet lag had obviously taken effect. I wake on my stomach, Alex draped over me, his cool body is rather refreshing in the now warm room. My phone buzzes somewhere in the mess of bags and clothing. There is no way that I am going to be able to get out from under Alex without waking him.

"Planning on answering that?"

"Yeah." I groan, moving out from under him.

what you up to when the boys are at their meeting?

"It's from Miranda."

How am I going to deal with them? Did they have something to do with it? Did they kill them? What are you going to say to her? Did you kill that guy at the park Saturday night? Yeah what a brilliant thing to ask a duchess. Dumb arse. Alex knows what you think, you can guarantee he has said something to them.

"Oh?"

"Asking what I am doing while you are at the meeting." I frown as I think about it, climbing back into the bed.

"What is this meeting for?"

"Just royal duties."

"So what am I doing while you are gone?"

"Whatever you want." He shrugs. "Go shopping with Miranda."

hrh suggests shopping... Maybe that coffee?

sounds awesome. Pick you up at 10

So, that's it. Pretend it never happened? Traitor. What? He tried to rape you. My mind is rather snarky this morning, snapping at me.