Chapter 5

The days have passed quietly since my passing out in the shower. I had spent the majority of it in bed, Alex wouldn't let me out unless I had to use the bathroom. Tsar had kept me company when Alex had work to do, mostly he slept on the bed beside me. If I got up from the bed he always woke and sat by the window, wanting out. In the few times I had tried to venture from my room, Alex would descend upon me like I was up to no good. Ordering me back to bed. It was like he knew which left me wondering if there was a hidden camera in my room. After a week of protesting that I felt fine, I was finally allowed to leave my room so long as I went to my office and no further. I couldn't understand why he was being so protective. I passed out in the shower, it's not as if I had major surgery or something.

There is a quiet knock on the door and it opens slightly.

"Good morning Stephanie."

"Good morning Gerald, what's on today's agenda?"

"Just the usual." He grins.

A small canvas bag is dumped on my desk.

"The mail, Penny will expect you to open Alexandru seniors mail for her."

"Of course. Thank you Gerald."

"Would you like some morning tea brought in for you?"

"Please."

He nods and departs the room. I open the bag and groan at the amount of mail in here.

"Probably best to sort it first."

I spin around, Alex leans on the window sill, watching me.

"Would you stop sneaking up on me."

"I told you, I don't sneak."

I squint my eyes at him. "You do too."

The door opens and a maid pushes in a trolley.

"Care to join me for a spot of tea?" I say cheekily.

"Sure."

He climbs in the window. The maid quickly curtsies and scurries out of the room.

"Do you find it annoying?"

"Find what annoying?"

"Everyone curtsying and bowing to you."

"Sometimes."

I sort through the mail, finding an interesting envelope, the handwriting in beautiful script.

"Wow." I gasp.

Alex looks at the envelope in my hand and groans, flopping his head on the back of the chair.

"Not again." he mutters.

"What?"

"Stupid balls, I hate them."

"Yeah, I'm not a fan of trampolines. Broke my leg once."

He looks at me bewildered. I cannot help but grin, clearly my joke was beyond him.

"Are you mocking me?"

"Now would I mock the future heir to the throne of Santrina and my employer?"

I try so hard not to giggle.

"Cheeky girl."

He grabs me and I squeal, giggling as he carries me across the room to the bookshelf beside my desk. He presses me against the shelves, kissing me hard. His hands slide up my skirt, lifting it over my hips.