Chapter 16

We stop outside a hotel, Alex and Terrance continuing onto find some friends, leaving Miranda and I to find a vacant room.

"Can you do the disappear thing?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, I'm going to burn out the cameras and go and check the computer, if you see a lift door open go and hold it open, ok?"

"Yep."

We both step into the lobby, vanishing as we approach the main door. Little wisps of smoke plume out of the cameras mounted to the wall. I wander over to the lift and patiently wait for a door to open. The doors open and an elderly couple slowly make their way out. I stand over the door, hoping that no one wants to use the lift.

"Ok, let's go." Miranda whispers, I feel a slight gust of perfume pass me.

The doors close just as a couple tries to rush for the lift. I see the close door light get pressed and the penthouse button.

That was close. Hey! Welcome to my mind. She laughs in my head. Yes, I heard that you gave him a hard time about that. Yeah, well that's what he gets for keeping secrets.

The lift pings and the doors open, more smoking cameras. How do you do that? The cameras? Yeah. Power of the mind, you will learn it, same as this. I hear the door unlock and open. The no fingerprints thing? No, this is a 'I forgot the key' thing. We step into the large room and she reappears as the door closes.

"So, no one is going to come up here?"

"No, all sorted."

She opens the fridge in the wet bar and sighs.

"What's wrong?"

"There is only one bottle of rum, one whiskey and one scotch."

"Do we need more than that?"

"Oh yeah." she grins.

As she rests her hand on the bench, leaning on it, she closes her eyes. I quietly watch her as she grins and then opens her eyes.

"Ok, they are on their way and will stop off and get some more booze. In the meantime,"

She cracks open the whiskey and pours out two large glasses.

"Bottoms up." she says clinking my glass.

I sit on the large white leather lounge. It circles around to face the large windows, overlooking the twinkling city.

"Ok, so there are three bedrooms, if they are needed." she cannot help but smile.

"Have you guys done this before?"

She nods excitedly.

"Come on, don't think about the past, let's go check out the place."

She grabs my hand and drags me around the suite. The whole place has a distinct modern white theme going on. White walls, white marble floors, white furniture. The colour has been injected into the rooms with black rugs and red pillows and throws. There is a small sitting area beside the entry with a small wet bar and kitchen. Each of the bedrooms have their own en-suite but the master bedroom has an enormous spa bath.

"I feel like a swim. Come on."

"There's a pool?"

"Yeah." she drags me out of the en-suite. "Didn't you see it?"

Back in the main lounge area, she refills our glasses and opens the large glass sliding doors. The cool night air skims past my skin, making me shiver.